The stadium experience list is a real head scratcher. Sanford Stadium 29th, with Boise State 16th and Texas Tech 19th?
1. LSU is introducing new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. Greg Studrawa will return to strictly focusing on the offensive line.
3. Elliott is a candidate along with University of Central Florida offensive line coach Brent Key.
4. Nick Saban’s first defensive coordinator at Alabama, Kevin Steele, is now the team’s Director of Player Personnel. Looming deregulation in college football will allow him to recruit on the same level as the team’s nine coaches.
5. Alabama now lists 28 people under the heading “recruiting.”
6. Sports Illustrated on Tennessee coach Butch Jones: He “understands the importance of tapping into the resource of former players.”
8. Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel redshirted his first year – meaning he’s eligible for the NFL draft next year. Offensive coordinator Clarence McKinney: “With the uncertainty of Johnny’s situation because of the way the NFL is going — his stock is rising.”
9. Nine quarterbacks selected for Jon Gruden’s QB Camp on ESPN. Two of them from the SEC – Tennessee’s Tyler Bray and Tyler Wilson from Arkansas. (Some non-QB’s also will be featured – including South Carolina’s Marcus Lattimore and Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel).
10. Mississippi State wants to target the tight end more this fall. Tight ends coach Tim Brewster: “I think Malcolm Johnson has a chance to truly be one of the best tight ends in the nation…”
11. Bulldogs want to find a backup to leading rusher LaDarious Perkins.
12. Ole Miss projects Jeff Scott to get 15-20 carries this fall -leaving plenty of room for someone else to step up.
13. Auburn has two quarterbacks, three running backs and six receivers on scholarship heading into spring practice. Offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee: “We do have depth issues.”
14. This preseason top 25 has Alabama at No. 1, seven SEC teams make the cut.
16. The NCAA revealed its relationship with the attorney for the man at the center of the Miami investigation to lawyers in mid-January, according to CBSSports.com. That’s about a week before the NCAA went public with the information.
17. Eddie Williams, one of the four Alabama players arrested Monday, wants permission to return to his hometown while out on bond. Here’s our story from this morning on the Alabama players and Charles Barkley’s comments.
18, Harvey Updyke’s wife was asked if she knew if her husband poisoned the oak trees at Toomer’s Corner in Auburn: “I’ll be honest with you, I never asked him, because I don’t want to know the answer.”
19. In light of the Nerlens Noel torn ACL, The New Yorker asks, “Is College Basketball Doomed?”
20. “Should the NBA abolish its age minimum’s? Absolutely not.”
21. With Noel out, will Tennessee go with its small lineup again tomorrow? Cuonzo Martin after the Vanderbilt win this week: ”I felt like our best lineup is four guards.”
22. For Alabama guard Trevor Lacy, basketball wasn’t his first love. ”Growing up, I was a football guy.”
23. Florida led the nation in three-pointers last year. This season, they’re making almost as many. Making 38.9 percent – best in the SEC.
24. Florida goes to Auburn tomorrow where the Tigers are struggling - lost eight of their last nine SEC games.
25. Texas A&M travels to Vanderbilt Saturday. Aggies still focused on the postseason. Elston Turner: “Ultimately our goal is to make the NCAA tournament.”
26. So did Arkansas coach Mike Anderson intentionally not wear a tie the other night at Auburn or did he forget to pack one? ”Any other questions?”
27. Anderson will meet his old team Saturday when Missouri comes to Fayetteville: “It’s kind of like a full circle, really.”
28. Headline after last night’s LSU victory over South Carolina.
29. The battle for the future of American sports gambling.
30. That stranded Carnival cruise ship that finally docked apparently had some Arkansas fans on-board.