1. Did you know? Cam Cameron – the man thought to be LSU’s next offensive coordinator - was a groomsman at Les Miles’ wedding back in 1993.
2. Are Nick Saban and Urban Meyer on a collision course? “10 of Ohio State’s 24 signees came from SEC states. Meyer knows how and where to go after players that can win national titles.”
3. Only four returning receivers caught passes last season at Kentucky. That leaves plenty of room for the incoming crop to make its mark early.
4. Behind the scenes with Tennessee coach Butch Jones and his statewide tour this week.
5. John Adams on the challenges Jones faces: “In a conference famous for defensive speed, Tennessee once was a frontrunner. It now has one of the slowest defenses in the SEC.”
6. Other big challenge at UT - donations to the athletic department fell by more than 25 percent in 2012.
7. Brice Ramsey joins a very crowded quarterback group at Georgia. Starter Aaron Murray returns along with three backups who don’t have redshirts to burn.
8. The most talented group of new players at Auburn is along the defensive line.
9. When Auburn begins spring practice, a position to watch will be linebackers.
10. One of the Ole Miss signeees expected to see playing time fall? Defensive tackle Herbert Moore, who proved to be one of the Rebels best recruiters in the Memphis area.
11. New receivers coach Pat Washington brings plenty of SEC experience to the Missouri coaching staff.
12. Tennessee has faced the five leading scores in the SEC its last five games. Each of them met or exceeded their scoring average.
13. Should others in addition to Reginald Buckner been ejected from the Ole Miss-Missouri game? Has Missouri’s Alex Oriakhi replaced Marshall Henderson as the new instigator in the SEC?
14. What’s next for Ole Miss?
15. The good news for Missouri – they’re 6-0 in the SEC at home. Bad news for the Tigers – four of the next five are on the road. The one home game is against Florida.
16. Recovering from a high ankle sprain, Florida forward Casey Prather came off the bench Saturday to give the Gators 12 points and five rebounds. Florida at home against Kentucky Tuesday night.
17. First place in the SEC will be on the line when the Gators and Cats meet in Gainesville.
18. “There seems to be a perception that this Alabama team is underachieving…The truth is, this team is overachieving.”
19. John Calipari on Tony Barbee: ”Tony is not a good coach, he’s a great coach.”
20. Georgia’s five-game winning streak in SEC play is the first time that’s happened to the Bulldogs since 2001.
21. Mark Bradley: “The Bulldogs won a game here Saturday in which they managed 12 baskets in 40 minutes. (That’s one hoop every 200 seconds.)”
22. Saturday’s craziest game – Notre Dame beats Louisville in five overtimes.
23. Paterno family responds to Freeh Report on Penn State – call it “total failure.”