1. Arkansas at South Carolina. Razorbacks a dangerous opponent for the Gameocks. South Carolina averaging the second-most turnovers in the SEC. But the Razorbacks are 0-5 outside the state of Arkansas this season, haven’t won at South Carolina since 2001.
2. Alabama at Tennessee. These teams met two weeks ago at Alabama with the Crimson Tide winning. Rematch today in Knoxville. Anthony Grant: “We’re dealing with a team that’s, for a lack of a better cliché, probably a wounded animal, walking into their building right now.” Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin is not happy with how officials are calling fouls on Jarnell Stokes. ”He’s big, allow him to be big.”
3. LSU at Kentucky. LSU guard Anthony Hickey is a Kentucky native. He leads the nation in steals. This could be the first John Calipari team that failed to qualify for the NCAA Tournament since 2005. UK guard Julius Mays: ”I don’t think we’ve really won a marquee game, and every big game that we’ve had we’ve kind of choked.”
4. Vanderbilt at Missouri. Strong bench production for Vandy last two games – generated 55 points. Impatient Tigers have less than 10 assists in three of last four games. Frank Haith: ”We haven’t shot the ball well, but we’ve been our own worst enemy in that we’ve taken a lot of quick shots, and we’re not running good offense.”
5. Georgia at Texas A&M. Frustrating time for Georgia forward Marcus Thornton. Underwent third knee surgery a month ago – will miss his ninth straight game. This will be the first time ever Georgia and Texas A&M have faced each other in basketball.
6. Ole Miss at Auburn. A win tonight by Ole Miss would mean the Rebels start conference play 6-0 for the first time in school history. Auburn coach Tony Barbee contemplating going with a two-center lineup.
7. Florida at Mississippi State. “You’re going to hear a lot about this 18-0 stuff if Florida gets past Mississippi State…” Mississippi State coach Rick Ray on his team: ”We’re last in the SEC in assist-to-turnover margin. We’re in the bottom ten in the nation as far as assist-to-turnover margin.”