1. Razorbacks challenge today – stopping the league’s leading scorer, Marshall Henderson.
2. Henderson has had an interesting past – once charged with forgery and sentenced to probation; once suspended for a game after punching a player.
Vanderbilt at South Carolina
3. South Carolina coach Frank Martin on Vanderbilt: “They should have beaten Ole Miss and Kentucky.”
4. Out of 345 Division 1 teams, Vanderbilt ranks 344th in free-throw percentage - shooting just 56.8% from the line.
Missouri at Florida
5. With no Laurence Bowers, Tigers need better composure and more production from Alex Oriakhi.
6. With Florida a double-digit favorite in the game, Gators expecting the first sellout of the season at the O’Connell Center.
Mississippi State at Tennessee
7. Both teams have struggled offensively at times this year - could be a low scoring game.
8. Cuonzo Martin and Rick Ray were both one-time assistants at Purdue – were together two seasons under head coach Matt Painter.
Texas A&M at Alabama
9. Aggies facing that Thursday-Saturday turnaround, hitting the road after a blowout loss at home to Florida.
10. Alabama is a much better team this year shooting from beyond the three-point arc. Sophomore guard Trevor Lacy: “It’s something this year that we’ve taken pride in as a team.” Coach Anthony Grant “hopeful” Trevor Releford can play.
LSU at Georgia
11. One of these teams will get their first conference win today – both teams 0-3 in the SEC.
12. Georgia coach Mark Fox calls point-guard play “very inconsistent” – senior Vincent Williams already committed 29 turnovers this year, five more than last year.
Kentucky at Auburn
13. A sellout crowd will greet the Wildcats. Auburn guard Frankie Sullivan: “They want to see us beat a team like Kentucky, who has players coming out every year, big-time pro prospects.”
14. John Calipari likes how forward Kyle Wiltjer has stepped up his game. “Right now, he’s the most vocal player we have.” Willie Cauley-Stein has a “minor procedure” on his left knee - high school coach suggests he might have needed a repair of a meniscus tear.