1. Penalties — big penalties — cost Florida in this week’s Sugar Bowl.
2. Will Muchamp doesn’t want to hear that the loss to Louisville ruined the Gators’ season: “We’ve had a great year and we’re moving this thing forward at a rapid pace.” (Hard to argue with an 11-2 season, folks.)
3. Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray says his draft grade came back “pretty good… second or third round.” (And all it takes is one team to fall in love to make him a first-rounder. Ask Tim Tebow.)
4. Could 2013 be the most anticipated football season in the history of the Commonwealth of Kentucky?
5. South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw will likely miss spring practice due to foot surgery.
6. Alabama will be wearing new Nike uniforms in the BCS Championship Game. Don’t worry, though. The Tide’s new duds look just like their old unis.
7. Get an inside look at Bama’s inside zone blocking scheme right here.
8. Auburn has hired ex-Tiger QB Dameyune Craig from Florida State and Rich Bisaccia from the San Diego Chargers as new assistants.
9. Arkansas’ new football assistants will make a combined $2.8 million.
10. LSU linebacker Kevin Minter has decided to leave Baton Rouge early for the NFL: “When you’re hot, you’re hot.”
11. Tiger safety Eric Reid is leaving, too.
12. Ole Miss running back Jeff Scott will return to schools next year.
13. What do teams do when they’ve wrapped up practice for Birmingham’s BBVA Compass Bowl? They go bowling (as Mississippi and Pitt did yesterday).
14. Tonight’s Texas A&M-Oklahoma matchup looks to be one of the best bowl games this season.
15. It’s out with the old and in with the new in tonight’s quarterback battle between Landry Jones and Johnny Manziel.
16. Sooner coach Bob Stoops is ready for football, tired of the pregame events: “Enough of all this. It’s time we do what we do.”
17. Arkansas’ Mike Anderson has had it with careless fouls.
18. Georgia will play host to George Washington tonight. (Guy gets around good for a dead man.)
19. Kentucky is back up to #2 in this writer’s SEC rankings.
20. LSU’s Anthony Hickey is expected to come back from his suspension tomorrow against Bethune-Cookman.
21. Mississippi State whooped New Orleans 97-46 last night in front of — wait for it — 2,218 fans.
22. Ole Miss will try to stay perfect at home when Fordham visits the Tad Pad tonight.
23. Three Carolina players won’t be available for the Gamecocks’ game with South Carolina State tomorrow.
24. More Memphis/Tennessee/Josh Pastner fallout: “How humiliating for Pastner. He was utterly gutted by his athletic director, who had apparently been negotiating with Tennessee all along.”
25. Cuonzo Martin doesn’t want his Vols to get “bullied” by the Tigers (as was the case last year).
26. Texas A&M held off Houston Baptist 67-59 last night.
27. The NCAA is looking at a new transfer model that would reduce eligibility penalties.
28. Would ya believe the old one-point safety trick?
29. Quackery or the wave of the future? John Calipari says Kentucky is using a “device” to “monitor and check how much effort players are giving in real time.”
30. A round of applause for Florida linebacker Darrin Kitchens, a player who showed school spirit all by his lonesome after the Sugar Bowl.