Know its kinda late, but LSU didn't offer Lacy because he didn't have the grades. Saban babysat him through summer school and may have taken the tests with him!
1. Recipe for a Sugar Bowl loss – Florida offense took a step backward, defense failed to show up, ”It wasn’t just the worst game they have played all season, it might have been the worst in three seasons.”
2. Louisville coach Charlie Strong: “They say the Big East doesn’t play anybody. I hope tonight opened up some eyes.” A hug from Florida A.D. Jeremy Foley.
4. 85,000 tickets have been sold for the Cotton Bowl game between Texas A&M and Oklahoma – closing in on possible Cotton Bowl attendance record.
5. Johnny Manziel becomes the eighth Heisman Trophy winner to play in the Cotton Bowl - if history is a guide, that’s not necessarily a good thing.
6. Alabama staying at the Fountainbleu in Miami Beach. Super Bowl atmosphere in south Florida? Nick Saban: ”I’ve never been to the Super Bowl, so I can’t really comment on that,”
7. Alabama center Barrett Jones on his injured foot: ”I’m really starting to feel good, and I’m really confident about playing in the game.” Lineman Arie Kouandjio treated for dehydration – ambulance met the team plane as it landed.
8. LSU didn’t offer in-state four-star Rivals prospect Eddie Lacy coming out of high school. That and other prep tidbits about the starting lineup of the 2012 Alabama Crimson Tide.
9. Putting perspective on another Alabama national title: “Alabama seniors could boast more national championship rings in their four seasons than Bobby Bowden or Joe Paterno (two each) had in their combined 100 years as head coaches.”
10. Ole Miss freshman nose tackle Issac Gross on playing Alabama earlier this season: “That game gave me a whole lot of confidence. That was my breakout game.”
11. Outdoor practices combined with colder weather make practice a little more challenging for the Rebels.
NFL Draft Prospects
13. Florida juniors Matt Elam and Sharrif Floyd are NFL bound. Elam: “It’s time to take care of the family.” Two more Gator juniors, Dominique Easley and Jordan Reed, remain undecided.
14. Mock NFL draft has three Texas A&M players taken in first eight picks.
15, Plenty of offseason questions at Mississippi State – lost their five games by an average of 21.4 points.
16, If Aaron Murray decides to stay at Georgia, 20 touchdown passes will make him the SEC all-time leader.
17. Redshirt quarterback Hutson Mason likely Murray replacement if he leaves. Mike Bobo: ” (Mason) does some things that maybe are a little bit better than Aaron, and Aaron does some things a little bit better than him. But I have confidence in both those guys.”
18. If wide receiver Jordan Matthews stays at Vanderbilt, the Commodores will return 13 starters next season.
19. Florida quarterback Jacoby Brissett is still weighing a transfer option. “I haven’t decided yet.”
20. SEC dominating Senior Bowl roster - 22 players of 88 confirmed players are from the conference. Next highest is Pac-12 with 11 players.
21. Former Tennessee running back David Oku has found a home at Arkansas State. Thousand-yard rusher had 15 touchdowns this season – most in the Sun Belt conference.
22. Was Les Miles’ loyalty to offensive coordinator Greg Studrawa a major stumbling block for LSU this season?
23. Butch Jones staff at Tennessee will make a combined three million dollars, almost identical to the number Derek Dooley’s staff was to be paid in 2013.
24. Bret Bielema has retained Arkansas assistant Taver Johnson - he’ll coach cornerbacks for the Razorbacks. One more opening on Arkansas staff -likely to be tight ends coach.
25, Auburn 78 – Florida State 72. Tigers overcome loss of Chris Denson who was diagnosed Tuesday with a stress fracture in his left foot. Denson will miss 4-6 weeks, was Auburn’s second-leading scorer.
26, Kentucky 90 – Eastern Michigan 38. UK began second half with a 15-0 run.
27, Mississippi State vs. New Orleans. Final non-conference game of the season for the Bulldogs.
28. Memphis decision not to play Tennessee fear based? “It has nothing to do with fear based.”
29. Memphis coach Josh Pastner: ”I know some media people are Tennessee fans. They disguise themselves as Memphis fans, but they’re really Tennessee fans, and they want to see Memphis-Tennessee.”
30. Tennessee sophomore Jarnell Stokes on playing just nine minutes against Xavier. ”I hope it never happens again.”
31. Frank Deford on gambling and March Madness: “The sanctimonious commissioners and the blowhard who runs the NCAA maintain, nonsensically, that legal gambling hurts the integrity of sports… while somehow illegal bookmaking remains beneficial for their games.”
32. Ray Lewis will head to ESPN after retiring from the Baltimore Ravens.
34, Kiplinger ranks University of Florida third best value among public colleges.