1. Marshawn Powell is on a roll, but he’ll need some help with Arkansas visits Alabama tonight.
2. Marshall Henderson continues to make national headlines for both good and bad reasons.
3. With a good win at Ole Miss under their belts, John Calipari wants to see how his Kentucky players handle success.
4. Billy Gillispie will be on hand to watch Kentucky play Texas A&M as a guest of Aggie coach Billy Kennedy.
5. You know it’s been a long night in the Palmetto State when a South Carolina beatwriter asks: Where does last night’s loss rank among the biggest blowouts in recent USC history?
6. With starting point guard Trae Golden injured, Cuonzo Martin says Tennessee will use a lot more of walk-on Brandon Lopez.
7. With Mike Blakely leaving, Auburn returns just two running backs who played last season.
8. New South Carolina defensive line coach Deke Adams will “demand perfection” from Jadeveon Clowney.
9. Tennessee’s new football assistants will earn 8% bonuses if the Vols reach a bowl game.
10. “A lot” of NCAA investigators are wondering why Mark Emmert called a press conference to criticize the body’s look-see into Miami. “This was good, investigative work.”
11. SEC pariah Lane Kiffin: “Once you start rooting against somebody, you’re always going to look for the negative in everything they do.”
12. The Big XII is asking the NCAA for a waiver that would allow it to hold a conference championship game as a 10-team league… if necessary.
13. If you care about the quacks pimping deer antler velvet spray from the back of their gym, they say kids from “all over the map” are using their snake oil because it’s legal.
14. On schools telling the guys from SWATS to stay away from their players: “You can’t tell me I can’t talk to your players. We live in a free country.”
15. A new survey suggests many Americans believe God plays a determining role in who wins sporting events.