If they do go to super conferences. Will that force ND to choose a conf. They would choose Big XII since they do less revenue sharing.
1. Steve Spurrier poses trivia question to reporters – hands out envelopes with $100 bills inside to the two who got the correct answer.
2. Former Tennessee coach Derek Dooley has a new job – wide receivers coach for the Dallas Cowboys.
3. Ole Miss makes a lump-sum payment of $4.35 million to former coach Houston Nutt - contract buyout completed.
4. Ole Miss A.D. Ross Bjork on reworking Hugh Freeze’s contract after one season: “Yes there have been programs that have been burned by doing something maybe too soon, but I think we have the right guy here.” And on 2013 expectations: “I think we want to be in the hunt for a divisional title.”
5. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin has made Memphis a recruiting priority.
6. Former Kentucky coach Hal Mumme is leaving McMurry University in Abilene, Texas – where he’s been the head coach the past four seasons.
7. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Leave it to the NCAA to relax the rules and stress out everyone involved.”
8. If President Obama had a son, would he let him play football? Would “have to think long and hard” about it.
9. Dallas columnist: What if Big Ten grabbed two more teams? “SEC counterpart Mike Slive would likely respond by adding two more, Virginia Tech and one other.”
10. South wins the game 21-16. Florida State quarterback EJ Manuel named the game’s MVP.
11. Florida’s Mike Gillislee led the South team in rushing - 10 carries for 46 yards.
12. Kentucky guard Larry Warford helped himself this week - Auburn’s Onterio McCalebb did not.
13. Texas A&M linebacker Sean Porter didn’t play because of an injury.
14. Alabama reporter on the end-of-game play involving Trevor Lacey and Jarnell Stokes. ”If this play had taken place at any other point in the game, chances are a ref blows a whistle.”
15. Despite the loss to Ole Miss, improved play by Auburn on Saturday. Coach Tony Barbee: “We stopped worrying about petty stuff that every team goes through at some point in the middle of the year.”
16. Regular visitor at Auburn basketball games? Auburn football coach Gus Malzahn.
17. South Carolina coach Frank Martin on winning the rebounding battle against Arkansas 42-26. “That’s pretty good, because we emphasize it. As a coach, when the players do the things that you emphasize, it tells you they’re listening
18. Florida coach Billy Donovan on Rick Ray’s Mississippi State team: “He has a really good nucleus with those young kids. Those young kids are going to be really, really good players.”
19. Is Florida basketball equivalent to Boise State football?
20. Missouri forward Laurence Bowers missed his fifth straight game Saturday with a sprained MCL. Frank Haith: “I think if we pushed it, he probably could have got out there a little bit today.”
21. Mizzou fan hit a half-court shot at halftime – won $5,000.
22. Gatorade removing an ingredient.
23. More than 120 hours of radio and TV coverage originating from the French Quarter for ESPN leading up to the Super Bowl.
24. Treasure trove of Mean Joe Greene items found in Phoenix furniture vault.