1. Tyrann Mathieu on Alabama’s game-winning play against LSU last year: ”That was a freshman on that blitz and I would have been a junior so I would have known that play was coming.”
3. With Mike Gillislee gone at Florida, what happens at tailback for the Gators?
4. Just 15 members of Tennessee’s class of 2012 remain. What role will they play in 2013?
5. After tipping the scales at 355 pounds on Monday at the Senior Bowl weigh-in, Alabama lineman D.J. Fluker won’t play in the game.
6. Neither will Auburn’s Onterio McCalebb – out with a hamstring injury. Teammate Philip Lutzenkirchen’s rehabilitation is on schedule – but he won’t play, either.
7. Former Georgia running back Ken Malcome will transfer to Southern Illinois.
8. Nick Saban on the new NCAA rules that lift restrictions on communication between coach and recruits: “I think it’s a fine line between how much you need to communicate and be effective at doing it…”
9. Why Kentucky fans are not happy with former coach Joker Phillips these days.
10. Saban on new Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly: “He’s done a fantastic job of being a real innovator in college football with some of the things he’s done. We have a tremendous amount of respect for the great job he did at Oregon.”
11. Former Michigan football coach Lloyd Carr and former Georgia Tech basketball coach Bobby Cremins named to NCAA infractions committee.
12. Missouri basketball coach Frank Haith isn’t the only one facing some potential charges over the NCAA Miami investigation. Haith headline & Haith ad – all in one picture.
13. Dennis Dodd on college football attendance: If students “aren’t going to games when they’re in school because of smartphone issues, what does that bode for the future?”
14. Kentucky vs. Alabama tonight. John Calipari on the Crimson Tide: “The driving force is their guards.”
15. Alabama guard Trevor Lacy was once a recruiting target of Kentucky. Anthony Grant: ”With every game, I think he’s getting more and more comfortable with what will be demanded of him.” Trevor Releford says his ankle “feels fine.”
16. South Carolina at Missouri tonight. Three of the Tigers top seven players could be out tonight – Laurence Bowers is definitely out, Keion Bell is likely out and Earnest Ross is a gametime decision.
17. Gamecocks coach Frank Martin: “Players have been great. I can’t ask any more than what they’ve been giving.”
18. Florida is the class of the SEC - third nationally in scoring defense and second nationally in scoring margin. Gators guard Scottie Wilbekin making the case for SEC defensive player of the year.
19, Arkansas is a football state – but don’t give up on Mike Anderson’s Razorbacks.
20. Anderson names Marshawn Powell and Kikko Haydar team captains - first captains Anderson has named since taking over the basketball program.
21. Auburn’s Chris Denson and Jordan Price are both recovering from stress fractures in their feet. Came off the bench against Kentucky – should be good to go against Vanderbilt Wednesday.
22. AJ McCarron’s girlfriend, Katherine Webb, puts some rumors to rest.
22. Expect longer commercials during the Super Bowl this year.
23. Phil Mickelson apologizes for talking about his taxes.