1. A four-interception day for Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl. Dan Mullen: “Excuse my language,” said Mullen, “but it sucks.” Johnthan Banks ended his college career with an injury on a punt return - suffers nerve damage to his thigh muscle.
2. A thrilling ending for South Carolina in the Outback Bowl in one of the most dramatic games in school history. Steve Spurrier: “We haven’t won like that since I’ve been here.” Spurrier says team hit eight of 10 team goals this year.
3. Gamecocks defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward on the Jadeveon Clowney hit that had everyone buzzing: ”That’s the hardest hit I’ve ever seen in my coaching career.”
4. A big day for Georgia’s linebackers in the Capital One Bowl. Following a 13-tackle performance Alec Ogletree says he’s going pro. Teammate Jarvis Jones, expected to go pro, set the school record for sacks in a season.
5. Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham wasn’t crazy about the Big 12 officiating crew: “I really appreciate the SEC officials…”
6. It’s Florida vs. Louisville tonight in the Sugar Bowl. Last time Gators played in this game, Urban Meyer was the coach, Tim Tebow was the quarterback and Brian Kelly was leaving 12-0 Cincinnati for Notre Dame.
7. Is Florida overlooking Louisville because it plays in the Big East? Will Muschamp: “I think that’s hogwash.”
8. ESPN could be looking at record viewership for Alabama-Notre Dame - could become one of the most-watched college events ever.
9. Defending Dan Mullen whose team started the year 7-0 and ended it 1-5. ”Dan Mullen doesn’t merely coach competitive teams at MSU, he’s built – and continues to build – a strong program.”
10. Will Mullen shake up the staff? “I’m going to evaluate that as we move forward.”
11. With Kliff Kingsbury’s departure to Texas Tech, Texas A&M needs an offensive coordinator. Kevin Sumlin says he’s in no rush to hire a replacement. Kingsbury cried when he told Aggie players he was leaving.
12. New Arkansas linebackers coach Randy Shannon: “It’s a chance to win championships and a chance to be with a great head football coach and have the opportunity to do great things.”
13. Tennessee coach Butch Jones on linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen: ”He’s a great recruiter, but he’s also a very good football coach. I did my due diligence of calling around.”
14. Jones is bringing at least two graduate assistants from Cincinnati to join his staff in Knoxville.
15. Florida wide receiver coach Bush Hamdan is headed to Arkansas State as an assistant offensive coach.
16. Why Oregon coach Chip Kelly is so appealing to NFL clubs.
17, With his big hit yesterday, is South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney now a favorite for the 2013 Heisman Trophy?
18, Tennessee lineman Daniel McCullers will stay for his senior season and not enter the NFL draft.
19. Alabama center Barrett Jones practiced on Tuesday. He had missed nine postseason practices dealing with a sprained foot. Tide flies to Miami today.
20. Ole Miss offensive line coach Matt Luke on two of Pittburgh’s defensive linemen: “They are guys that could play on any team in the Southeastern Conference, so they’re quick.”
21. Breaking down the 2012 LSU Tigers: “This season was defined by questionable coaching calls and inadequate execution by the players…”
22, Six Mississippi State players to watch in 2013.
23. Looking ahead to a very different 2013 Georgia Bulldog team.
24. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin on the future of his team: “ We have very, very high expectations for this program, where we’re going, who we can be and what we can achieve.”
25. After making the game-winning catch against Michigan, it’s back to basketball for South Carolina’s Bruce Ellington.
26. Auburn vs. Florida State. Tigers still looking for that signature non-conference win.
27. Tennessee plays Memphis Friday night. Don’t expect these two to play a regular season game anytime soon. Memphis coach Josh Pastner: ”We will not play Tennessee anymore as long as I’m the head coach and I’m doing my scheduling,”
28. An “Orange-Out” in
Memphis Knoxville Friday?
29. Only three college coaches have won at least 900 games - could John Calipari join the club?
30. Missouri guard Keion Bell – rap song writer. “Coach Haith is the professor, and he be teaching chemistry.”
31, At the Rose Bowl - ESPN brushes off ESPN….for ESPN.
32, ESPN’s Hannah Storm back on the air after a grill explosion – sufferered first and second degree burns, lost half of her hair.
34, Some rare photos of former Alabama quarterback Joe Namath.