1. Gil Brandt has four Alabama players going in the first round – Mel Kiper has three.
2. Kiper on South Carolina receiver Ace Sanders: “Sanders is super quick, dynamic, similar to what Andrew Hawkins is doing with the Bengals,”
3. Alabama linebacker Nico Johnson on his opportunity at the Senior Bowl: ”People don’t think I’m good at pass coverage. But I’ve never really had a true chance to showcase that I can play on the passing downs.”
4. Auburn linebacker Daren Bates hopes moving back to his natural position of safety will impress pro scouts.
5. Now that the draft deadline has passed, ESPN’s Mark Schlabach says Alabama and Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray are two of the biggest winners.
6. Comparing staff salaries at Kentucky – Mark Stoops vs. Joker Phillips. New crew costing Kentucky an extra $720,000 (counting the head coach).
7. According to his high school coach, former Florida quarterback Jacoby Brissett has transferred to North Carolina State.
8. The last of LSU’s early enrollees has arrived on campus – class starts Monday.
9. Florida lineman Jessamen Dunker will be released from jail today – suspected of stealing a scooter.
10. BCS and SEC Championship rings stolen at Auburn.
11. The 2013 Tennessee Vols – also known as #Team117.
12. Florida travels to Texas A&M tonight. This marks the fourth-time the Gators have crossed time zones since mid-December.
13, Texas A&M coach Billy Kennedy on the ovation Elston Turner received after scoring 40 points and walking off the court at Rupp Arena with seconds to go in the game Saturday. ”It was first class. One of my assistants said let’s get Elston out, and it was really nice to hear.”
14. Thanks to that long-distance shot that sent the Vanderbilt game to overtime, Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson has garnered national attention.
15. Jay Bilas on Nerlens Noel vs. Anthony Davis: “It is unfair to compare them.”
16. Tennessee looks to find additional scoring punch beyond Jordan McRae. Only Vol to score in double-digits last two games.
17. Tennessee may be 0-3 in SEC play, but their fortunes could be turning up - thanks to the schedule.
18, Missouri coach Frank Haith on Laurence Bowers, suffering from a knee sprain. ”I still don’t know that he’ll play Saturday, but he’s doing well.”
19. Haith’s attorney on the University of Miami investigation: “We just want to know when this process will end.’’
20. You can describe this year’s Vanderbilt team many ways - boring isn’t one of them.
21. Shaquille O’Neal prefers “three-and-done” for college basketball.
22. The report of a hoax involving Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o's girlfriend last night had Twitter buzzing.
25. Now they tell us. Te’o's teammates skeptical about girlfriend all along. Incident drawing comparisons to the movie Catfish. TMZ: All SCAMS Lead to
26. But Arizona Cardinals fullback Reagan Maui’a says he met the girlfriend in 2011.
27. Dan Wetzel: Confused? Everyone is.
29. AJ McCarron’s mom on Katherine Webb: “The only thing this poor baby did was come to a ballgame to see her boyfriend play.”
30. More meltdown at USC. Lane Kiffin responds to reports of “a flat out brawl” in the locker room following the loss to Georgia Tech in the Sun Bowl.