1. Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones makes it official – he’s leaving school for the NFL draft. Mel Kiper: “If the medical stuff checks out fine, he’s a top-five pick, maybe the No. 1 pick overall.”
2. With Jones departing, Georgia also announced Friday 13 early enrollees.
3. As we noted Friday, running back Spencer Ware and punter Brad Wing leaving LSU for the draft. Then Friday night, they were joined by defensive end Barkevious Mingo. That’s now six juniors at LSU leaving early for the draft – never had more than three before.
4. Florida tight end Jordan Reed joining teammates Matt Elam and Sharrif Floyd – he’ll enter the 2013 NFL draft. Had signed with Urban Meyer to be a spread option quarterback.
5. Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray has signed with an agent - ending any chance of coming back for a senior season.
6. Two Alabama players sent home for curfew violations. Freshman linebacker Ryan Anderson hasn’t played this year. Dillon Lee, another freshman linebacker, has played sparingly.
7. South Carolina basketball player LaShay Page declared academically ineligible for the rest of the season. Had started every game he played for the Gamecocks.
8, Mississippi State defensive coordinator Chris Wilson expected to join Georgia’s staff as defensive line coach. Friday morning, Dan Mullen had announced the promotion of co-defensive coordinator Geoff Collins to full-time play-caller. Hiring may not be announced by Georgia until next week.
9, Gus Malzahn has completed his coaching staff at Auburn by hiring former Arkansas recruiting coordinator Tim Horton to coach tight ends.