Congrats to the Aggies beating the Sooners! The Wronghorns in Austin are running away from facing the Aggies, but for the moment the Aggies have to be laughing at them. They killed Oklahoma while Texas got whipped by Oklahoma AND the Aggies are out recruiting them to boot!
1. Johnny Manziel rushes for 229 yards – an FCS record for a quarterback in a bowl game. Aggies set Cotton Bowl record with 633 total yards.
2. “Manziel made the Heisman jinx look like a silly concept.”
3. Oklahoma defensive coordinator Mike Stoops on Manziel: “Best player I’ve ever played.”
4. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops: “Johnny Manziel is everything he was billed to be.”
5. Oklahoma writer: “Thank God for conference realignment.”
6. Fort-Worth Star Telegram Writer: “The Sooners had talked before this Cotton Bowl about “making it personal” and debunking the alleged myth of SEC superiority. They failed miserably.”
7. Aggies finish the season with over 7,000 yards of offense - Manziel over 5,000.
8. Complete video highlights of the game can be found here. A special Johnny Manziel highlight reel is below.