1. Here’s something to ponder over morning coffee and Christmas presents – five reasons why LSU should leave the SEC and join the Big 12.
2. And here are five reasons why they should stay.
3. In the spirit of Christmas, here’s an inspirational story of Mississippi State backup quarterback Dak Prescott and his mom who’s battling colon cancer.
4. Media report says Texas A&M junior linebacker/defense end Damontre Moore “is likely gone” for the NFL - considered a top 5 pick by many.
5. Which current Georgia receiver has played in more games for the Bulldogs than anyone in history?
6. Can Florida’s Frankie Hammond Jr make it in the NFL? Given the track record of other Gator receivers, he thinks he can.
7. Florida’s Will Muschamp and Alabama’s Kirby Smart are just two of many coaches who’ve learned the trade at Valdosta State.
8. Tennessee coach Butch Jones’ father was chief of police in the small Michigan town where he grew up. “I was never going to do anything to embarrass my father, and my dream was to be a police officer growing up.”
9. Jones has embraced Twitter. ”I think it keeps people involved. It generates excitement.”
10. Vanderbilt’s Wesley Tate and Joe Townsend grew up in the same town but didn’t really make a connection until college.
11. Both Notre Dame and Alabama have great red zone defenses – but the Crimson Tide are much better inside the 20 on the offensive side of the ball.
12. A win by Alabama would put the Crimson Tide in “dynasty” territory. Here’s a look back at previous dynasty programs in college football.
13. The Gator Bowl will not bid to become part of the semifinal rotation once college football’s new playoff system starts.
14. An overview and explainer of the playoff system - which starts after the 2014 season.
15. The SEC and Big Ten prepare to renew their not-so-friendly rivalry on New Year’s Day.
16. What Derek Dooley thinks about at Christmas – “a new excuse to keep the ever popular Barbara off the air.”
17. Christmas Day basketball for Ole Miss. Rebels will face Hawaii in the fifth-place game of the Diamond Head Classic.
18. Arkansas missed Marshawn Powell last year but the fourth-year junior forward is now a part of the Razorbacks exclusive 1,000 point club.
19. Missouri’s Laurence Bowers SEC player of the week. Mississippi State’s Gavin Ware freshman of the Week.
20. Since coming off last year’s season-ending knee injury, Bowers has added some range to his game.
21. A standings update and a preview this weekend’s action in the SEC.
22. And finally, Merry Christmas from Tennessee basketball. Cuonzo Martin and crew get their groove on to the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!