1. Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier expected to interview for the head coaching position at Southern Miss.
4. New Arkansas coach Bret Bielema introduced in Fayetteville. ”I grew up, ironically, on a pig farm. That was my first public Pig-Sooie.” Upset in Wisconsin.
5. Arkansas A.D. Jeff Long met four candidates face-to-face in the job search. Long on the note he received from Bielema in wake of the Bobby Petrino affair. ”I still have it. That impacted me.”
6. Bielema facing battles for assistant coaches?
7. Charlie Strong’s decision to stay at Louisville makes this writer feel better about the coaching profession. Strong getting new 8-year deal through 2020.
8. Did Auburn talk to Charlie Strong? Louisville A.D. Tom Jurich: “I’m not putting anything past them.”
9. “Dave Hart’s search has become every bit the debacle its fans feared.”
10. Craiglist ad has some fun with the Tennessee coaching search.
11. Nick Saban on Kirby Smart’s interview with Auburn – “not a negative thing, at all.”
13. Will Muschamp and Kevin Sumlin - the SEC’s co-coaches of the year.
14. Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel became the first player to ever win SEC Freshman of the Year and Player of the Year in the same season. Other award winners.
15. Manziel turns 20 today. He’s up for the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award and the Maxwell Award (Player of the Year). All a prelude to Saturday and the Heisman ceremonies.
16. Another player cleaning up in postseason awards – South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney.
17. 11 schools have now climbed past the $100 million revenue mark - five of them are in the SEC.
18. Florida has five juniors that could leave for the NFL draft. Chances are four of them will.
19. Big change at Florida this year – fourth quarter performance. Outscored 86-59 last year – Outscored opponents 115 – 29 this year.
20. Vandy fans can’t get enough of those Music City bowl game tickets.
21. What Missouri lost with a 5-7 season – no chance to re-gift their bowl swag.
22. Florida 72 – Florida State 47. Most lopsided win over the Seminoles since 1999.
23. The Gators look like the real thing.
24. Dayton 81 – Alabama 76. Alabama center Moussa Gueye leaves game in second half with knee injury. Two others didn’t play at all because of injuries.
25. Virginia 46 – Tennessee 38. Vols can’t crack the 4o-point barrier for the second straight game. Shot 29.1% in its three losses this year.
26. Texas A&M 62 – SFA 54. Elston Turner leaves early with ankle injury.
27. Vanderbilt travels to Cincinnati tonight. Commodores averaging 58 points a game – 320th out of 345 teams in Division 1.
28. Offensive struggles a familiar theme. South Carolina coach Frank Martin: “We’ve lost three games and all three games have basically been lost with our inability to play offense.”
29. Sean Woods took some heat for talking about a sense of entitlement among Kentucky basketball players. Maybe he was right.
30. Ole Miss freshman guard Derrick Millinghaus is back – recovering from slight meniscus tear that required surgery.
31. New stadium trend – offer fans the ability to upgrade seats mid-game.