Quicky headlines today…
1. Twitterers react to the SEC’s decision not to suspend Alabama’s Quinton Dial.
2. Eleven of the 26 players on the FWAA All-America team are from the SEC.
3. Todd McShay’s latest mock draft for ESPN has 15 SEC players going in the first round of the NFL draft.
4. A Pac-12 officiating crew will handle the BCS Championship Game between Alabama and Notre Dame.
5. Arkansas has released the contract information for its new assistants, including new O-line coach Sam Pittman.
6. Chick-fil-A Bowl officials are hoping for big TV ratings from LSU-Clemson matchup.
7. Georgia’s Mark Richt is still answering questions about not spiking the ball in the SEC title game.
8. UGA backup tailback Ken Malcome is “not too happy with (the) situation” at running back.
9. Kentucky has hired Chad Scott and Vince Marrow as assistant coaches.
10. Mississippi State fans can take their cowbells to the Gator Bowl.
11. The Bulldogs are already boning up on Northwestern game tape.
12. Tennessee has confirmed all its assistant coaching hires but one.
13. Texas A&M has a number of options when it comes to replacing ex-offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury.
14. Kevin Sumlin could choose to promote from within for the spot, too.
15. Tennessee knocked off unbeaten, #23 Wichita State last night 69-60 in Knoxville.
16. LSU will open its road schedule at Boise State tonight in the Taco Bell Arena.
17. Suspended Tiger point guard Anthony Hickey did make the trip to Idaho, but his status “remains to be seen.”
18. Ole Miss will host East Tennessee tonight at the Tad Pad.
19. Florida coach Billy Donovan won’t rule out jumping to the NBA someday. (Presumably for longer than a week.)
20. Wimp Sanderson’s son, Scott, will take his Lipscomb team to Kentucky tomorrow, but Papa won’t be in attendance.
21. Vanderbilt’s Kevin Bright is finally getting used to American hoops after playing in Germany.