1. Mark Richt surprised other schools haven’t contacted Georgia about his assistants. “Can you believe that? I think our coaches are worthy of that, and I think our coaches have been obviously courted, but no one has called me.”
2. With offensive coordinator Jim Chaney going to Arkansas, what’s the next move at Missouri?
3. New Kentucky tight end coach Vince Marrow has known head coach Mark Stoops since middle school.
4. Does new UK defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh open up a pipeline to some JUCO recruits?
5. Gus Malzahn – from high school coach to SEC head coach in seven seasons.
6. Do Kevin Sumlin and his staff need a raise at Texas A&M?
7. Cincinnati disputes reports that new coach Tommy Tuberville ditched Texas Tech recruits.
Bowl Game News
8. Capital One Bowl wanted Texas A&M. But two bowl search-committee members reportedly say SEC forced them to take Georgia.
9. Gator Bowl will allow Mississipi State fans to bring cowbells to the game .
10. The Music City Bowl will pit brother vs. brother.
11. LSU is headed to the Chik-fil-A Bowl – in discussions about a future Chik-fil-A Kickoff Game.
NFL Draft Prospects
12. Reaction to Marcus Lattimore’s decision to forego senior season at South Carolina and enter NFL draft.
13. How does Lattimore’s injury compare to the one suffered by Willis McGahee? “Even with Willis McGahee, it’s difficult to compare. The same knee dislocation can mean many different definitions.”
14. After the Capital One Bowl game, Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray will make a decision about whether or not to enter the NFL draft.
15. Junior linebackers Jarvis Jones and Alec Ogletree at Georgia are expected by teammates to enter draft – projected as first-round picks.
16. Vanderbilt’s defense will face a top-notch NFL prospect in the Music City Bowl – North Carolina State quarterback Mike Glennon.
17. AJ McCarron’s father on son’s decision to stay at Alabama. “He’s smart enough to know that everything coach Saban’s told him to do so far has worked out pretty well for him.”
18. Arkansas football turned a profit of nearly $40 million in fiscal year 2011-2012.
19, $300 season tickets being offered at Tennessee - no donation required. Budget deficits in the athletic department won’t be financed any longer by the state or the academic side.
20, Nine of the top 11 TV markets for ESPN’s college football are in SEC country. Birmingham No. 1 for 12 straight years.
21. When it comes to minority graduation rates, Vanderbilt leads the SEC.
22. Aaron Murray admits he’s not over the SEC Championship game. ”I can’t sleep at night.” Mark Richt defends decision not to spike the ball at the end of the game.
23. Recovering from ankle surgery, Georgia defensive end Abry Jones may play in the bowl game.
24. Mark Bradley: “At worst, Georgia is the nation’s third-best team.”
25. Mississippi State backup tailback Nick Griffin tore his ACL in practice Saturday – will have surgery today.
26. Auburn offensive lineman Christian Westerman is reportedly transferring to Arizona State.
27. LSU is getting healthy – several players expected back for bowl game.
28. He’s made his mark on defense and special teams - look for Florida to incorporate Loucheiz Purifoy more often into the offense.
29. Ole Miss begins full-scale practice on Monday. A look back at what worked – and what didn’t – in Hugh Freeze’s first year.
30. Texas A&M students welcome back Johnny Manziel Wednesday night. Video of the celebration.
31. The social media buzz over Manziel’s girlfriend.
32. The SEC is the national champion – a computer simulation run 50,000 times is the proof. Most common outcome in 16-team playoff? Alabama over Oregon.
33. Decision from seven Catholic non-football Big East schools expected soon. ”Would be an upset” if they stayed. New York Post says they’re leaving. A 12-team basketball league?
34. Boise State holds the key to the future of the Big East? Dennis Dodd: “CBSSports.com has learned that there was interest from a rights-holder in televising Boise State’s home games only, similar to Notre Dame.”
35. Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News ranks the 35 greatest NCAA tournament moments. No. 1 on the list – the 1963 Mississippi State basketball team and the Game of Change.
36. Alabama junior center Carl Engstrom had surgery Tuesday to repair torn ligaments. He’s out for the rest of the season.
37. What’s going on at Tennessee with Jeronne Maymon’s surgically repaired right knee? Maymon’s father: “It’s not his knee. His knee is fine. He’s trying to get back in shape.”
38. If the sluggish start at Kentucky sounds familiar, it’s because it does. Think Florida basketball six years ago.
39. Florida in a top-10 showdown Saturday. The 7-0 Gators face 7-0 Arizona.
40. Missouri has added a series against Arizona starting in 2015.
41. LSU making progress on Anthony Hickey’s suspension. Looks to be traveling with team.