1. Yahoo! Sports and NBC Sports are teaming up.
2. Atlanta is one step closer to replacing the Georgia Dome.
3. Tony Dungy says Peyton Manning could “absolutely not” become a coach because “it would frustrate him to death” that every player isn’t Peyton Manning. (Listen and you can hear the sobs of Tennessee fans who’ve always pictured their alum back on the Knoxville sidelines… once Jon Gruden retired, of course.)
4. West Virginia’s Mountaineer mascot has been told to stop hunting bears with his university-issued musket.
5. New Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee will stick with Arkansas State through the Red Wolves’ bowl game.
6. Alabama will begin practice for the BCS Championship Game on December 18th.
7. Report: Tide offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier is not a candidate for the head coaching job at Southern Miss and has not interviewed.
8. New Arkansas coach Bret Bielema appears to be taking his time in filling out his staff.
9. Which LSU team will show up for the Chick-fil-A Bowl?
10. Mississippi State will close bowl practices to prying eyes after an open scrimmage on Sunday.
11. Johnny Manziel’s Heisman win is yielding a whole lotta positive pub for Texas A&M. (Yeah, but can he repeat?)
12. Georgia’s coaches will make a little more cash from the Capital One Bowl than they would have elsewhere.
13. Looks like Kentucky will be hiring former Wildcat John Schlarman as its new O-line coach.
14. Whether Marcus Lattimore turns pro or not, South Carolina’s Mike Davis should be the Gamecocks’ first choice at tailback next season.
15. Tennessee needed a fresh start… and Butch Jones provides it.
16. During bowl season, Vanderbilt’s players get to play tourists in their own hometown.
17. The SEC has named its Players of the Week.
18. Andy Kennedy doesn’t believe “hunger” had anything to do with his team’s loss to MTSU over the weekend.
19. Florida will have a whole week off before facing Arizona in Tucson on Saturday.
20. This year’s Missouri team is an offensive mess.