1. Georgia player had some interesting quotes this week but Alabama wasn’t biting.
3. What did Richt think of safety Shawn Williams calling the defense “soft” following the loss to South Carolina? “I kind of grinned, because I knew something was about to give here.”
4. Why didn’t Richt watch tape of Alabama vs. Michigan? “If I’m being an offensive coach and I want to study Alabama’s defense, I want to study it versus a team that lines up the way we line up.”
5. Nick Saban on Georgia’s defense: “They have got a lot of good players.”
6. Could this game boost Aaron Murray’s Heisman chances?
7. If you want to know anything about Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, this long profile probably answers it.
8. The statistics say these two offenses are just about even – different story on defense.
9. Average margin of victory last three SEC championship games? 30 points.
12. Kevin Scarbinsky; “Georgia is man enough to beat Alabama, except for one thing. Mark Richt is very good at what he does. Saban is better.”