Yesterday, Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel handled the “Top 10 List” duties on CBS’ “Late Show with David Letterman.” The first freshman to ever win the Heisman Trophy, Manziel did just fine with his delivery of “The Top 10 Perks of Winning the Heisman Trophy.” See here:
The full list?
10. Old nickname — Johnny Football; new nickname — Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Football.
9. Get to use the “Heisman winners only” lane at the highway toll plazas.
8. Maybe mom will stop nagging me to go to dental school.
7. Of course, there’s a six-figure recording contract.
6. This Saturday, guess who’s driving the team bus?
5. I no longer have to go to practice.
4. I’ll probably be the only Heisman winner at my high school reunion.
3. You also receive a bronze mouth guard.
2. Get to appear on Letterman — in the same city as my favorite show, “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.”
1. My passport photo looks like this. (Manziel strikes Heisman pose.)
Wonder if his girlfriend was in attendance for the show?