I’m proud of the way Georgia responded to a big time pressure game although I’m obviously disappointed in the outcome and found the way we lost to be particularly gut wrenching. Hats off to Bama’s O-Line which probably proved to be the biggest difference maker in the game. They should be able to bury ND.
1. Alabama ground-game dominant. Tide set SEC Championship-game record with 350 rushing yards.
2. 270 of those yards came in the second and third quarters.
3. What did Mark Ingram tell Eddie Lacy on the field moments after the game? “He said that’s the best I’ve ever seen you run.”
5. “Someone asked me just a second ago what I thought the difference was (in the game),” Richt said. “All I could think of was, we just ran out of time.”
6. “Several guys came back to be deemed SEC champions, to play for a national championship,” Georgia senior receiver Tavarres King said. “Those dreams were crushed tonight.”
7. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Nick Saban’s teams have won bigger games…but one of his Alabama teams has never won a bigger game from a bigger hole, against a better foe, on a bigger stage.”
8. Dan Wetzel: “In many ways Saturday could be called Saban’s greatest victory…”
9. Saban on Georgia: “If you got in this game, you should be in a BCS game.”
10. Dennis Dodd on Quintin Dial’s shot to the head of Aaron Murray: ”Dial may not get the luxury of suiting up for Notre Dame when SEC officials examine the film.
11. Mark Richt’s testy exchange with a media member after the game.