Bruce Ellington is practicing with the BB team and will likely play (some) in the next three games. Once FB bowl practices start he will only do FB until after the bowl game, See Darryl Slater's blog for confirmation if you don't believe me...
1. What did we learn about South Carolina in its win over Clemson? Jadeveon Clowney would likely be the No. 1 pick of the NFL draft in 2013 if he was eligible.
2. Florida players will start bowl game prep in mid-December. Will Muschamp: “They need a break right now. It’s been a long season. So, they need a break from football for a little bit, get in the weight room and heal up.”
3. Gators are loaded at cornerback but need help at wide receiver.
4. Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace wins the Conerly Trophy, the state’s top college football honor.
5. What was wrong with Auburn this year? “It was simply really, really bad coaching.”
6. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel on his first year in the SEC: “I don’t think there was a learning curve at all in that.”
7. Breaking down Les Miles’ dance moves.
9. Suspended Missouri guard Mike Dixon was accused of rape in August, but no charges were filed due to lack of evidence (Language alert).
10. Alabama 75 – Lamar 47. Sophomore Rodney Cooper led Alabama with 17 points off the bench.
11. Lamar coach Pat Knight phones father Bob after getting ejected from game.
12. Mississippi State 60 – Alcorn State 42. Bulldogs now 2-4 with both wins coming on the home floor.
13. South Carolina two-sport player Bruce Ellington has started working out with the basketball team – likely available now in next three games, plan changed after Frank Martin spoke with Steve Spurrier.
14. Kentucky at Notre Dame Thursday night. UK only BCS school that entered the season with zero previous college starts among its players. Irish had a collective 234.
16. Any chance the Gators can complete their season opener against Georgetown?