1. Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage on four candidates for the Auburn job.
2. Is Arkansas State coach Gus Malzahn a candidate? ”No, I’m focused on what we’re doing here.”
3. Auburn tight end Phillip Lutzenkirchen: ”To the commits, don’t make any drastic decisions about your future,” Lutzenkirchen said. “I went through the same thing my senior year when ‘Tubs’ was relieved.”
5. No coach creates the buzz the way Jon Gruden does.
6. More Gruden rumors - NFL style.
8. No matter who the next coach is at Arkansas - he’ll have some talent to work with.
SEC Championship Game
9. Alabama and Georgia haven’t faced each other since 2008.
10. Alabama’s rushing offense is second best in the SEC. Georgia rushing defense ranks 11th in the conference.
11. Both teams feature efficient quarterbacks, tailback tandems and similar defensive styles.
12. “In most cases, Georgia and Alabama can out-talent the teams that they play. This time, that won’t be the case.”
13. Nick Saban on his depleted wide-receiving corps. “We definitely need to get more guys ready to play.”
14. Going back to their high school recruitment, several Alabama and Georgia players are familiar with coaches on the other sideline.
15. RHIP - “Rank has its privileges.”
16. Former Texas A&M coach Jackie Sherrill on Johnny Manziel and the Heisman vote: “ I personally would like the ballots to be public.”
17. Alabama running back Mark Ingram was younger than Manziel when he won the Heisman. Only difference? Ingram was a sophomore, Manziel a redshirt freshman.
18. What Johnny Football did, argues this columnist, was more impressive than what Cam Newton and Tim Tebow did in their Heisman years.
19. Fans storming the field following the Egg Bowl has cost Ole Miss $5,000.
20. Hugh Freeze has earned some bonus money.
21. Kevin Sumlin may be the frontrunner for SEC Coach of the Year, but does James Franklin deserve it?
23. A tough Saturday - for SEC haters.
26. Alabama jeweler offered full refund if Iron Bowl ended in shutout. Now owes ”tens of thousands of dollars.”
27. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel is looking to Lane Kiffin and Urban Meyer this offseason on how to improve the program: “We might meet with the coach from Southern Cal, we might meet with the coach from Ohio State.” Expects Sheldon Richardson to turn pro, don’t expect any staff changes.
28. Bryan Burwell on Pinkel: “He says his system still works. It’s the absolute right move to let him come back and prove it.”
29. Fourth-year juniors may get a shot at playing in the Senior Bowl.
30. Big East adding Tulane and East Carolina.
31. If Rutgers beats Louisville Thursday night, it could be the Scarlet Knights or the Kent State Golden Flashes facing Florida in the Sugar Bowl.
32. LSU or Georgia (assuming it loses to Alabama) could be facing Clemson in the Chik-Fil-A Bowl. South Carolina is likely headed to the Outback Bowl.
33. But the Gamecocks would probably be facing Northwestern in Outback – maybe a trip to the Gator Bowl instead?
34. This writer has Georgia in the Outback Bowl if it loses to the Crimson Tide.
35. Depending on how SEC championship game shakes out, Chik-Fil-A or Cotton Bowl probably most likely for LSU.
36. Mississippi State is likely headed to the Gator Bowl but could fall to the Compass Bowl. One scenario: MSU to the Gator, Vanderbilt to Music City, Ole Miss to Compass Bowl.
37. Potential Music City irony.
38. Here’s one man’s take where all SEC teams will end up.
39. Tennessee 77 – Oakland 50. Volunteers snap two-game losing streak against the Grizzlies.
40. Texas A&M 78 – Northwestern State 65. Freshman J’Mychal Reese scores 15 points with four assists and two steals.
41. Alabama goes for a perfect November tonight against Lamar.
42. Mississippi State faces Alcorn State tonight. Forward Colin Borchert returns to the lineup following a three-game suspension.