Quickie Holiday Headline Edition…
1. One tweet from a radio guy and the LSU-Texas A&M Thanksgiving talk goes viral again.
2. An Alabama assistant tweeted Southern Cal’s Lane Kiffin and told him to beat Notre Dame. Naturally, Kiffin told the world about it. (He also joked that Nick Saban doesn’t know how to tweet at all.)
3. Bama outside linebackers coach Lance Thompson called into a Tennessee radio who this week to wish UT interim coach Jim Chaney well. (And if you’re putting two-and-two together, yes, Thompson coached with Chaney and under Kiffin at UT.)
4. The Tide’s 32-point-favorite status might be the biggest ever in the Alabama-Auburn rivalry.
5. Even if Auburn can upset Alabama in the Iron Bowl, it won’t change the fact that the Tigers have had a wildly disappointing season.
6. John L. Smith on Arkansas football improving: “It’s going to take some time, so understand it’s going to take a year or so.”
8. For the first time in 20 years, LSU will visit Fayetteville — instead of Little Rock — and that’s an advantage for Arkansas.
9. Dak Prescott is an Egg Bowl X factor for Mississippi State…
10. And Randall Mackey is an Egg Bowl X factor for Ole Miss.
11. Texas A&M D-lineman Spencer Nealy has been a leader and a joker for the Aggies this season.
12. Bad blood fuels the Florida-Florida State rivalry.
13. Nearly all of Georgia’s offensive stars are expected to return next season.
14. Joker Phillips’ final Kentucky practice was filled with laughs and gratitude.
16. Some Tennessee faculty members aren’t happy that the athletic department won’t be providing $18 million in gifts — that’s gifts — over the next three years.
17. Awaiting their fourth coach in six years, UT’s players are in wait-and-see mode once again.
18. With a win over Wake Forest tomorrow, Vanderbilt will sweep its November foes for the first time since 1982. (That was the last time the Dores won eight games in a season, by the way.)
19. A St. Louis columnist wonders if Missouri’s Gary Pinkel has gone stale. (And you thought Mizzou wouldn’t fit in the SEC.)
20. Unbeaten Alabama will host Charleston Southern tonight.
21. LSU’s basketball team will play in Orlando next Thanksgiving.
22. UCF and former Florida assistant Donnie Jones will try to upset the Gators today for the second time in three seasons.
23. Georgia — just 1-4 on the season — will host East Tennessee State tonight.
24. Vanderbilt fell apart late in a loss to Davidson in Orlando last night.
25. Missouri showed its tough side in a 78-70 win over Stanford last night.