***Update*** Did ESPN remove a reference to Jon Gruden leaving?
1. Jadeveon Clowney and Connor Shaw both still dealing with foot issues. Coaches expect Clowney to play Saturday, not as certain about Shaw.
2. Steve Spurrier on the formula to beat Clemson: “To have a chance against them, we have to try to do what Stanford did… Obviously, you try to limit the possessions, if you can.”
3. Georgia defense preparing for another triple-option offense.
5. Big reason for the Tennessee cash crunch? Buyouts and exit payments in recent years. $6 million to Phillip Fulmer, $5 million owed to Derek Dooley, former A.D. Mike Hamilton got more than $1.3 million.
6. Vince Dooley on son Derek’s fate; “I felt for sure it was going to happen.”
7. Vanderbilt would like the Gator Bowl. Rematch with Wake Forest in the Music City Bowl a possibility.
8. Vanderbilt’s Jordan Matthews and Chris Boyd – “The Biletnikoff Twins.”
9. Will Muschamp called his team soft last year. That’s no longer the case. “Top to bottom: Offense, defense, special team, coaching staff. All are included. Night and day.”
10. Florida running back Mike Gillislee needs just 36 yards to reach 1,000 for the season.
11. University of Florida police officer put on leave over incident involving a Gator football player.
12. Kentucky defensive coordinator Rick Minter on the Wildcats defense and its bright future: “How bright, who knows? But it is a much brighter future than it was a few years ago looking down the road of guys finally getting into this program.”
13. Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart named assistant coach of the year by the American Football Coaches Association.
14. If you thought you saw an Alabama player on the celebration videos in Tuscaloosa after Kansas State and Oregon lost Saturday night – you did. Barrett Jones: ”I was probably down there for 5 minutes total and I ended up on every video. It was pretty crazy.”
15. What’s it like for an Auburn player in Bryant-Denny Stadium? ”I’ve never heard that many words I can’t repeat.”
16. Auburn freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace will be making his first road start. Gene Chizik: “The noise factor is something we started working on yesterday.”
17. Texas A&M freshman Thomas Johnson, who went missing last week, remains with his family. Kevin Sumlin: “We’re just kind of working through that.”
18. Texas A&M players don’t miss playing on Thanksgiving.
19. LSU vs. Arkansas features two of college football’s most quotable characters - Les Miles and John L. Smith.
20. Arkansas enters the LSU game as one of the lowest scoring teams in the SEC – 24.5 points per game.
21. Miles on bowl game possibilities for the Tigers: ”We don’t control our own destiny, but there are some destinations that this football team would love to be a part of.”
22. Mississippi State running back LaDarius Perkins has earned a nickname from Ole Miss fans: “I’ve heard them call me Rebel Killer,”
23. Ole Miss tweaked its running game to much success against LSU. Can it do the same against the Bulldogs?
24. Average ticket prices: Iron Bowl $294, SEC Championship Game $463, BCS Championship Game $1,209.
25. Paul Finebaum predictions: Auburn has “zero chance” against Alabama, Gene Chizik will be fired “before dusk” on Monday and Alabama would beat Notre Dame in a championship game matchup.
26. Athlon’s storylines and predictions for SEC Week 13.
27. Is a basketball-only league viable in college sports? TV executive: ”I think that would be attractive. It would be naive of me to say that no one has thought of that.”
28. Ole Miss 76 – McNeese State 50. Rebels now 4-0. Freshman guard Derrick Millinghaus out four to six weeks after having surgery to repair a torn meniscus.
29. Marquette 89 Mississippi State 62. Marquette never trailed - Bulldogs didn’t score a point in the first four minutes.
31. LSU 102 – Northwestern State 95. First Tiger team to hit triple-digits since the 2005-2006 season.
32. Arkansas 89 – Florida A&M 60. 21 points for Marshawn Powell.
33. Texas A&M 55 – Washington State 54. 3-pointer from Elston Turner with two seconds left gives Aggies the win.
34. UCLA 60 – Georgia 56. Mark Fox: “(T)he other team made the plays and we did not,”
35. Former Kentucky player Sean Woods walks back his comments about not liking the “vibe” from current Kentucky players. ”I feel horrible that it’s come to this right here when it shouldn’t have to be.”
36. John Calipari on what was wrong with Ryan Harrow’s health: “They don’t know. All they’re saying is he’s lost seven pounds and must have had something going on.”
37. Mizzou will play in the Maui Invitational in 2014.
38. 52-of-108 from the field (that’s a shot every 20 seconds). 138 points for Grinnell, Iowa guard Jack Taylor. New NCAA scoring record.