Vanderbilt coach James Franklin not crazy about heading to Wake Forest for the second straight year: ”I’ve never heard of a program in the country going back to the same school.” (Missouri will play at Texas A&M for the third straight year Saturday.). They weren't all at Missouri though.
1. Is Gus Malzahn interested in the Auburn job? ”I’m the head coach at Arkansas State, and that’s my only focus right now.”
2. A loss to Alabama means Auburn will go winless in the SEC. That’s happened three times in the five years prior to 2012. None of those coaches lasted another game.
3. Is the Alabama defense the best Auburn has faced this year? Offensive coordinator Scott Loeffler: “Absolutely.”
4. What’s on the line at the Iron Bowl for Alabama’s Robert Lester if the Crimson Tide lose? “I have to take a picture in Auburn gear.”
5. Alabama freshman running back T.J. Yeldon held out of contact drills Monday.
6. Arkansas coach John L. Smith hasn’t received any official word from A.D. Jeff Long on his status at Arkansas: “So we’re going to bust our tail until that day comes about. That’s about all I can tell you.”
7. Former Arkansas tight end Garrett Uekman died one year ago today.
8. Texas A&M freshman linebacker Michael Richardson released from the hospital Monday. Underwent surgery for a cervical spine injury suffered Saturday against Sam Houston State.
9. Les Miles apologizes for dropping the F-bomb – says he was fired up by a newspaper story.
10. How will LSU celebrate Thanksgiving? “Coach Miles is going to have a dinner set up for us, and we’re going to celebrate the holiday and get on a plane and go to Fayetteville.”
11. Mississippi State has returned 2,195 of the 6,500 tickets it requested for this weekend’s game with Ole Miss.
12. Mississippi State quarterback Tyler Russell is getting messages on his cell phone from Ole Miss fans. Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace is getting calls from Mississippi State fans.
13. Hugh Freeze is limiting player availability to the media this week. “I just want to protect our kids from being put in a position where something could be said or written that would represent us in a different way…”
14. Will Muschamp says Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel will play Saturday against Florida State; ”How much he’s going to play, whether he’s going to start, I don’t know that right now.”
15. Regardless of whether Notre Dame loses to USC, Florida in for a big pay day if it beats Florida State.
17. Nick Saban on Derek Dooley: “Regardless of what he did or didn’t do at Tennessee, he’s still someone who is a professional colleague and a good friend that we would love to help any way that we can.”
19. Did safety Shawn Williams’ comments earlier this year become a “Tebow-like” moment for the Bulldogs? Mark Richt: “I think Shawn’s comments certainly had a great effect on our football team.”
20. Vanderbilt is winning – and healthy.“Conditioning is a very big factor.”
21. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin not crazy about heading to Wake Forest for the second straight year: ”I’ve never heard of a program in the country going back to the same school.” (Missouri will play at Texas A&M for the third straight year Saturday.)
22. South Carolina’s last graduating class to beat Clemson four straight years was 1954. The current group has a chance to do it as well.
23. Quarterback James Franklin questionable for Mizzou Saturday against Texas A&M. Defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson will return from a one-game suspension.
24. Gary Pinkel asked about the program in light of possible first losing season for Missouri since 2004. “I feel fine about our program. I believe in what we do. Always have.”
25. Does Kentucky have any crazy quarterback plans in store for Tennessee Saturday?
26. “It’s looking more and more like Johnny Football could make history in New York.”
27. SEC title game should be a great matchup. Other conferences? Not so much.
29.Nick Saban is the highest paid coach in college football – SEC with six of the top 17 coaches salaries in the country. But Big 12 has highest average pay.
30. Liberty Bowl rooting for the Rebels and Tigers this weekend. ”Make no mistake — we want Ole Miss or Missouri.”
31, Toomer’s Corner damaged by fire.
32, Rick Pitino on the ACC: “If I’m the ACC, I’d want Louisville to be the first school I’d even think about.”
33. Mike Kryzewski on his conference: ”I think the ACC is vulnerable right now, I’m concerned about our conference,”
34. Indiana 66 – Georgia 53. Top-ranked Hoosiers too much for the Bulldogs, who dropped their third straight game.
36. South Carolina 88 – Ryder 76. First 3-0 start for the Gamecocks since 2009.
37, St. Louis 70 – Texas A&M 49. 3-1 Aggies lose their first game of the year.
38. 3-0 Florida back in action tonight. Gators rank third in the country in scoring defense and opponents’ field-goal percentage.
39. Johnny O’Bryant may return to the LSU lineup tonight for the 2-0 Tigers.
40. As Missouri starts play in the Battle 4 Atlantis Thursday, Auburn transfer Ernest Ross has made a smooth transition to his new home.