1. A win for Arkansas means the chance of a bowl game still exists. Lose and the season ends next week.
2. The matchup between Razorbacks wide receiver Cobi Hamilton and Bulldogs defensive back Johnthan Banks should be a good one.
3. Mississippi State wins games when they run the ball successfully – 11 straight wins when rushing yards top 100, eight straight losses when rushing yards are below that mark.
Western Carolina at Alabama
4. Nick Saban: “(E)verybody just assumes that success is going to be a continuum. It’s just going to continue forever, just like it is. And it doesn’t work that way.”
5. A test (the only one?) for Alabama today – can it improve its lackluster performance in the third quarter?
6. Alabama’s senior class features just six starters - three on each side of the ball.
Jacksonville State at Florida
7. Gators are familiar with one player on the Jacksonville State roster - former Georgia running back Washaun Ealey.
8. The ups and downs of college football. Redshirt Florida senior Earl Okine has seen the best and and the most recent worst of Gator football – a national championship team in 2008 and the worst season since 1987.
9. Why play Jacksonville State? It helps other sports.
Wofford at South Carolina
10. Steve Spurrier wants fans to stay in their seats for the entire game. The reward? Players will sing the alma mater.
11, 27 South Carolina players to participate in Senior Day activities.
Alabama A&M at Auburn
12. For the second time in three weeks, Auburn trying to recover from blowout loss.
13. What edge does Alabama A&M have on Auburn? Momentum.
Georgia Southern at Georgia
14. Never a primary target, Tavarres King is quietly climbing the ranks of all-time Georgia receivers.
15. Bulldogs facing a triple-option team that’s only thrown the ball 65 times all season.
Ole Miss at LSU
16. 15 seniors playing their final home game for LSU, but the Tigers also have several underclassmen who may be tempted to enter the NFL draft.
17. Dealing with “Everest-high” expectations at LSU.
18. One thing to watch for Ole Miss – quarterback Bo Wallace’s ailing throwing shoulder.
Sam Houston State at Texas A&M
19., Texas A&M fans are already thinking about the future - but the present is pretty good as well.
20. Fiesta Bowl director Robert Shelton on the Aggies: ”If you have a signature player and a team that’s on the rise, those are two very good signs we look for,” Shelton said. “And A&M has both.”
Tennessee at Vanderbilt
21. Two streaks on the line today for Tennessee. Vols haven’t lost at Vanderbilt since 1982. Tennessee hasn’t won an SEC game since beating Vanderbilt last year.
22. That 1982 Vanderbilt team won eight games - something this Commodore team can do as well.
23. Nine of Tyler’s Bray’s 10 interceptions have come on the road.
24. Today’s game is a sellout - third time this year for the Commodores.
Syracuse at Missouri
25. When Mizzou bolted to the SEC, Tigers had to scramble to fill schedule. Result was paying Syracuse $800,000 with no scheduled return.
26. A win tonight by Missouri makes them bowl eligible for the eighth consecutive season.
Samford at Kentucky
27. A tough night for Kentucky seniors; UK has lost eight straight games – some seats at Commonwealth Stadium haven’t been filled all year.
28. Final home game for the seniors- and coach Joker Phillips.
29. Auburn president Jay Gogue on the Tigers football program: “I’d be foolish if I were happy with it. We’re not as competitive as we thought we’d be.”
30. Former Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn speaking in Alabama Monday night.
31. Arkansas AD Jeff Long is getting a raise and an extension to his contract.
32. Sporting News writer on this weekend’s SEC schedule: “This is not good timing for the SEC, whose proud backers have their dander up as Kansas State, Oregon and Notre Dame hog all the attention.”
34. High school running back Derrick Henry breaks the national rushing record. He’s headed to Alabama.