Missouri also has played four of the top 10 teams in the BCS standings and will play a fifth the last game of the season.
1. Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel is a Heisman Trophy candidate without either the school or his coach promoting him. ”Give Manziel the trophy he has earned.”
2. The trademark decision: “If somebody is going to profit off of ‘Johnny Football,’ it should be Johnny and his family when he exhausts his eligibility”
3. Would the Aggies be a national title contender this year if they had stayed in the Big 12?
5. Nick Saban and the “Bluegrass miracle phenomenon.”
6. The LSU offense hasn’t had a turnover since the second quarter of the South Carolina game.
7. BCS bowl a possibility if Tigers win last two games.
8. Ole Miss lost another player Saturday. Tight end Ferbia Allen tore his MCL. Hugh Freeze: “With Ferbia’s injury we’re at about 59 scholarship players,”
9. Freeze on the matchup with LSU: ”We’ll be tremendously an undersized team on Saturday in Baton Rouge.”
10. Kevin Scarbinsky on Gene Chizik; “He fixed what wasn’t broken.”
11. With injuries in almost every position grouping, forty different players have started for Auburn this year.
12. SEC opponents have rushed for more than 200 yards five straight games against the Tigers.
13. What does Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen think of the 6:00 p.m. start for next week’s Egg Bowl game? “I’ll play them at 9 o’clock in the morning out in the parking lot. I’m good.”
14. Arkansas senior Cobi Hamilton one of ten semifinalists for the Biletnikoff Award, given to the nation’s best receiver.
15. Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy on Arkansas rumors – no comment.
16. Tennessee lineman Ja’Wuan James on dealing with the rumors surrounding coach Derek Dooley: “It’s pretty hard,”
17. If Tennessee can’t pull off a big-name hire, what about David Cutcliffe?
18. Qualities the next coach at Kentucky needs to bring to the Wildcats.
19. Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel not the only injured Gator doubtful for Saturday.
20. Gators tough schedule – one of the few teams in the country to play four of the Top 10 teams in the latest BCS standings.
21. Unlike last year, this year’s Georgia team is peaking near the end of the season.
22. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin on a tape of Derek Dooley’s speech to his team following the Vols victory last year: “We’ll talk about it next year — a lot.” A year later? “I’ve matured dramatically since that day.”
23. Focus at Missouri is on 18 seniors playing their last game at Faurot Field this weekend, not bowl-eligibility. Mizzou defensive coordinator Dave Steckel: “You’re going to think I’m full of baloney, but I don’t care about (becoming bowl eligible).”
24. The Liberty Bowl took notice of the Missouri crowd at Tennessee this weekend.
25. Agreement reached on a six-bowl rotation for college football’s semifinals of upcoming playoff system.
26. Tony Barnhart channels his inner Lee Corso to deliver a message to the SEC haters – not so fast.
27. The human element of the BCS standings. Two-thirds of a team’s grade come from two polls.
28. Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville on his family in the context of coaching rumors: “I’m tired of moving them around.”
29. Emails: NCAA know EA Sports made video games matching actual college athletes.
30. Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher apologizes for “retarded” comment.
31. Not a good headline for any coach: Leach denies that players are abused.
32. No matter what changes took place in state laws, marijuana still banned by the NCAA.
33. Georgia falls to Youngstown State 68-56. Bulldogs score only 14 points in the first half.
34. 21 assists to eight turnovers for Texas A&M. Aggies beat Troy 83-65.
35. Forward Daniel Alexander is leaving Texas A&M.
36. Kentucky plays Duke tonight but John Calipari isn’t worried about the opponent: ”I don’t have time, right now, to work on other teams.”
37. Ole Miss plays Coastal Carolina tonight. Last year’s junior college player of the year Marshall Henderson is already making an impact for the Rebels.
38. Mizzou hosts Alcorn State this evening. Auburn transfer Ernest Ross hopes to be this year’s version of Kim English for the Tigers.
39. LSU doesn’t expect Johnny O’Bryant to play tonight against McNeese State.
40. 0-1 Mississippi State hosts Florida Atlantic tonight. Bulldogs haven’t started 0-2 since 1967.
41. Preparing to play in Puerto Rico this week, how does this year’s Tennessee team compare to last year’s version at the same time? Trae Golden: “We feel much more confident in ourselves as a team.”