1. Since Les Miles took over in 2005, LSU 36-1 at home on Saturday night.
2. Former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson is out of jail. Miles considering having Jefferson address the team before the Alabama game. “I think it’s always appropriate when people that have credibility in the room speak to your team.” 920 press credentials issued for Saturday and going higher.
3. Playing for the third time at LSU since coming to Alabama, Damion Square is warning his teammates about the unique aspects of playing at LSU – including Mike the Tiger: “Be ready for that.”
4. What does Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron think of being called a game manager? ”What I think and then what the media tries to make a game manager out to be is two totally different things.”
5. Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper should be “full speed” Saturday but keep your eye on Kenny Bell. Crimson Tide receiver has two of Alabama’s three longest passing plays this season.
6. ESPN’s Mel Kiper has two Texas A&M players in his top 5 NFL draft prospects, three in his top 21.
7. A&M will face a tough Mississippi State secondary this weekend.
8. Mississippi State no stranger to Texas A&M offense. Dan Mullen faced Kevin Sumlin twice when he was at Houston.
9. Bulldogs getting ready for Aggies with special uniforms and #Snow Bowl12 hashtags. Forecast for game-time Saturday – temperatures in the 70′s.
10. New Mexico State is 1-7 but so is Auburn. Gene Chizik: ”We’re certainly not in a position to overlook anybody.”
11. Chizik on Auburn’s new starting quarterback – freshman Jonathan Wallace: ”I was really proud, really the last two days, how he practiced.”
12. Mark Richt likes the Ole Miss up-tempo attack. ”I’m a fan of that kind of thing. I was doing that thing in 1993 at Florida State…”
13. Arkansas special teams scored six touchdowns last year - zero scores in 2012.
14. Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray’s numbers this year: Against South Carolina and Florida, 1 touchdown and 4 interceptions. Against everyone else, 16 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.
15. Nose guard John Jenkins missed practice Wednesday with a sprained ankle, but expected to play against Ole Miss.
16. Among SEC quarterbacks, only AJ McCarron and Tyler Russell have been safer with the football than Vanderbilt’s Jordan Rogers - just two interceptions in his last 180 passes.
17. Mizzou coach Gary Pinkel: ”I’m not here to devalue anybody but the difference to me between the Big 12 and the SEC is that the SEC has a lot more good teams.”
18. Missouri will face a Florida team with 76 players from the Sunshine State. Former Gators coach Ron Zook: “Florida has good high school coaching and the spring football really helps.”
19. If Florida cornerback Cody Riggs can’t return this season, he may be eligible for a medical redshirt.
20. Tennessee football attendance second best in conference. But when ranked by percent of capacity filled – only Kentucky ranks lower.
21. South Carolina’s 2013 schedule completed. Season-opening game against North Carolina moved from Thursday night to Saturday.
22. If you read one headline today – make it this one. Gregg Doyel does research on Marcus Lattimore, the person – and comes away with a wonderful story.
23. Sports Illustrated Stewart Mandel tries to sort out the undefeated quartet of Alabama, Kansas State, Notre Dame and Oregon.
24. Not only could Alabama compete against certain NFL teams, Steve Spurrier thinks they would be favored.
25. Is Nick Saban a classic curmudgeon?
26. Urban Meyer wants Braxton Miller to train with Tim Tebow.
27. Born and raised in Germany, 20-year old freshman Kevin Bright is a likely starter for Vanderbilt.
28. New Mississippi State basketball coach Rick Ray has a team with only two players who played a significant role last year.
29. Three walk-ons have joined the 11 scholarship players on the LSU team.
31. Kentucky opens its exhibition season tonight – conflicting with All-Access Kentucky.
32. Good luck to the folks at Arkansassports360.com. We’ll miss you in our headlines roundup.