1. For the Bulldogs, this one has national implications.
2. Georgia Tech running back David Sims: “‘How good would it feel to upset Georgia’s national championship hopes and go to the ACC championship a week later?’
3. A win today by Georgia would be the eighth 11-win season in Bulldogs history – the fourth under Mark Richt.
Kentucky at Tennessee
4. A battle of the struggling squads - Kentucky’s offense vs. Tennessee’s defense.
5. Last year’s loss at Kentucky? The beginning of the end for Derek Dooley.
6. How long did that victory celebration last for Kentucky? Linebacker Bud Dupree: “It really didn’t end until this season began.”
Auburn at Alabama
7. Auburn’s season ends today no matter what – Alabama wants to play Georgia next week in the SEC championship game.
8. Auburn tries to block out the chatter of being a huge underdog: “You just forget about what the naysayers say.”
9. Many Auburn fans are more focused on Gene Chizik’s future than the Iron Bowl.
Florida at Florida State
10. For the Gators, a focus on their in-state rival with a Saturday night game in California in the background.
11. Florida’s offense holding something back or is that just wishful thinking?
12. A victory today means the Gators automatically qualify for a BCS bowl and they snap a two-game winning by Florida State in this rivalry game.
Vanderbilt at Wake Forest
13. Is James Franklin the SEC coach of the year?
14. Challenge for Vanderbilt – can the Commodores focus after an emotional victory over Tennessee?
15. Vanderbilt locker room after the Tennessee game – starts around the 7:30 mark.
Missouri at Texas A&M
16. Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel gets 75 mentions on ESPN’s Sportscenter in a week. New York Times profile’s Manziel’s family. Johnny’s grandfather claims cockfighting world championship in 1983.
17. Did the switch from the Big 12 cost the Aggies a shot at a national title?
18. Underdog Missouri can become bowl eligible by winning for the third straight year on Kyle Field. “It’s still burning; the fire’s still there,”
Mississippi State at Ole Miss
19. Win or lose, a trip to the Gator Bowl appears more likely than the Chik-Fil-A Bowl for Mississippi State.
20. Victory for Ole Miss means bowl eligibility and snapping an Egg Bowl losing streak.
21. Egg Bowl headed back to Thanksgiving?
South Carolina at Clemson
22. To win, South Carolina knows its offense has to be productive.
23. Steve Spurrier on the Clemson rivalry: “I think they overdid it prior to coming here.”
24. Only the second time ever with both teams in the top 15 – and more than bragging rights are at stake.