1. Bulldogs headed back to the Georgia Dome as SEC East champs. Mark Richt: “I think there’s a little different feeling in everybody’s spirit about Atlanta is not the end of the road, we hope.”
2. Aaron Murray celebrates his 22nd birthday with three touchdown passes.
3. Mike Herndon: “Tigers looked like a middle school team lining up against the Green Bay Packers.”
4. Auburn defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder: “We’re not built with size, strength and power right now.”
LSU 37 – Mississippi State 17
5. 273 passing yards for LSU QB Zach Mettenberger. Les Miles: ”Zach is playing extremely well. He’s got a nice touch on the ball, he knows where he needs to go and is making quality decisions.”
6. Scott Rabalais: ”(T)his LSU team deserves some kind of prize.”
7. A fumble inside their own territory and a pop-up kickoff right before half contribute to Bulldogs third straight loss.
8. MSU running back LaDarius Perkins ruled out in pregame warmups – right quad injury. “It hurts not having your star player out there.”
Vanderbilt 27 – Ole Miss 26
9. Commodores get winning touchdown with less than a minute to go in the game – first lead of the game. Hugh Freeze: “The bottom line is they scored touchdowns, and we scored field goals.”
10. Vanderbilt quarterback Jordan Rogers: “We’ve emphasized the two-minute drill in practice…”
11. Despite injury to Zac Stacy on his second carry of the game, Vanderbilt bowl eligible for the second straight year – first time in school history.
12. Ole Miss now needs a victory against LSU or Mississippi State to become bowl eligible.