1. Mark Richt on linebacker Jarvis Jones: I can’t think of a better player than Jarvis in the whole United States of America. He’s the best.”
2. Jones and Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o could have been teammates at Southern California.
3. South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney has played three straight games with a deeply bruised right foot. Defensive line coach Brad Lawing: “That’s something they can fix in the offseason,”
5. Gators offensive coordinator Brent Pease on tight end Jordan Reed’s game-ending fumble against Georgia: “It’s not that play that costs us the game or anything, I mean we had all kinds of opportunities before that that we could have helped ourselves.”
6. Mizzou defensive coordinator Dave Steckel on Gators quarterback Jeff Driskel: “I think he’s probably a Collin Klein type,”
7. The sprained ankle of Tennessee running back Rajion Neal is getting better - may play this weekend against Troy.
8. David Climer: “It’s starting to look like Sunseri is to Dooley what David Clawson was to Phillip Fulmer.” Through five SEC games, Vols giving up about 14 more points and 150 more yards than last season.
9. Kentucky end Collins Ukwu on getting beat 38-8 last year by Vanderbilt: “They kind of pushed us around. That’s something you don’t want to happen this coming week at all.”
11. Linebacker Bud Dupree on last week’s loss at Missouri: “Coming from the half, we probably thought we were just going out here and blow (them) away.”
13. LSU safety Eric Reid on the loss to Alabama in the BCS championship game: “We still have scars from last year. We use it as motivation.”
14. Alabama hasn’t started a fourth quarter this year with a lead less than 13 points.
15. Crimson Tide center Barrett Jones says he’s always amused when fans say they’re just running the ball up the middle. “Well, first of all, there’s about 20 different plays that go up the middle. It’s not just the same play.”
16. Of the top 100 quarterbacks rated by the NCAA – only one has yet to throw an interception: AJ McCarron.
17. Auburn receiver Emory Blake on freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace – named the starter yesterday. ”He knows the offense inside and out.”
18. Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson has seven interceptions – threw six all of last year. Offensive coordinator Paul Petrino: “We are probably throwing it way too much to be honest with you.”
19. Wide receiver Chris Smith has become Mississippi State’s go-to guy. Out of 29 catches, 16 have given the Bulldogs a first down.
20. 63 points against Auburn was close. Texas A&M offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury routinely tells his offense to score 70 or 80. ”They’ve thought I was crazy from day one.”
21. Aggies wide receiver Ryan Swope has had four concussions in his career. “I don’t want to miss a game. I can’t stand sitting on the sidelines for practice let alone a game.”
22. One reason why Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze is looking forward to playing on the road this weekend – recruiting. “Georgia is such a highly recruited state and there are so many players there.”
23. One NFL scout’s view of Alabama-LSU – top five pro prospects.
25. 15 scariest players in college football.
26. Oklahoma-Notre Dame most viewed college game of the year.
27. Oklahoma players love their pedicures. “It’s relaxing.”
28. Vanderbilt sophomore Dai-Jon Parker suspended indefinitely by coach Kevin Stallings.
29. More players in the NBA from Kentucky than any other school.
30. Exhibition scare for South Carolina. Gamecocks beat Kentucky Wesleyan by one point.
33. With Jeronne Maymon out to start the season, Tennessee will look to Quinton Chievous to help fill the void.
34. The basketball court at Tennessee is taken up and put down about 25 times a year.
35. BJ Young standout performer in Arkansas scrimmage.
36. Rick Pitino’s extension means he’ll coach at Louisville until he’s 70.