1. Alabama – LSU and the red zone. Crimson Tide has scored a TD 74 percent of the time this year – LSU gets six 47 percent of the time.
2. Nick Saban on last year’s regular season game with the Tigers: “I think there is such a thing as almost being too ramped up for a game.”
3. How good is Alabama? They’ve won 21 of their last 22 games – all victories have come by 16 or more points.
4. On the other side - LSU has won 22 straight at home.
5. Les Miles watched “every snap” of the Alabama game Saturday night. ”You can see that this is a team deserving to be the No. 1 team in the country.”
7. What’s the difference between last year’s and this year’s LSU team? Linebacker Lamin Barrow: “I feel like we’re more athletic and have the potential to make more big plays this season.”
8. Dan Mullen on the Texas A&M game: “It’s the biggest game of the year for us.”
9. The Aggies are one of 41 teams already bowl eligible.
12. Both injured last week against Ole Miss, Arkansas will play Tulsa without running back Knile Davis and tight end Chris Gragg. Status of wide receiver Brandon Mitchell – suspended last week - is “up in the air.”
13. John L. Smith was asked if some of his veterans are looking ahead to the NFL draft. “Our guys want to come and play.”
14. Should Marcus Lattimore turn pro instead of coming back to South Carolina?
15. Florida receiver Solomon Patton broke his arm Saturday against Georgia and is out for the season. Will Muschamp: “He was having a fantastic year.”
16. Silver lining in Florida’s loss to Georgia. Defense played well – held Bulldogs to 22 points below their season average.
17. Missouri is looking forward to facing Florida with a healthier James Franklin. Gary Pinkel: “We anticipate him being close to 100 percent as far as us calling plays and allowing him to quarterback the way he does.”
18. Tennessee’s defense is ranked 99th nationally. Derek Dooley: “Generally, when you are statistically where we are, it’s not one thing, it’s everything.”
19. John Adams on Tennessee fans: “They’re more interested in the Jon Gruden rumors that are flying faster than passes into UT’s beleaguered secondary.”
20. Georgia lineman Austin Long was a waterboy when his father was an offensive line coach for Hugh Freeze’s high school team in Memphis.
21. Georgia plays better with a chip on its shoulder.
23. Kentucky football and the athletic director. “Why isn’t there more heat on Mitch Barnhart?”
24. Joker Phillips on recruiting while he’s on the hot seat: “Well, I’ve had to recruit this way most of my career.”
25. Pat Forde: You say you want a revolution, America?…Then you want LSU to beat Alabama on Saturday in Baton Rouge.”
26. How Georgia can reach the BCS championship game.
27. Good news, America. The NCAA just added additional levels of infractions.
28. Arkansas red-white scrimmage tonight. Mike Anderson: “We are a more athletic team…”
29. Mizzou opened its exhibition season Monday night with an easy victory. Frank Haith: “I thought we had too much slippage.”
30. Tennessee played Georgia Tech in a “secret scrimmage” Sunday in Chattanooga.
31. Looking like Florida will go with a three-guard starting lineup for the second straight year.
32. Auburn senior guard Frankie Sullivan is now two years removed from knee surgery. Coach Tony Barbee said he played at 85 percent last year.