2. Gene Chizik isn’t talking about his job security.
3. It seems Alabama’s been aiming for its clash with LSU for the past nine months.
5. Whether in Little Rock or Fayetteville, this year’s Arkansas team just isn’t very good.
6. Hugh Freeze says preseason pickers “can’t judge the heart or soul of a kid or a team or their chemistry,” so he’d have picked Ole Miss for the West cellar, too.
7. Dan Mullen on MSU’s game with Texas A&M (after a blowout loss to Alabama): “The emotional part. That’s why I say this is going to be the biggest game of the year for us and how our guys respond to it.”
8. Texas A&M is showing its right at home in the SEC.
9. Will Muschamp on Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel: “Could he have made some better decisions (against Georgia)? Certainly, but we also need to play better around him.”
10. Gator receiver/special-teamer Solomon Patton is out for the season with a broken arm.
11. Mark Richt knows Georgia is still two wins from reaching Atlanta as East Division champs.
12. Columnist on Kentucky football: “We are talking about a half-century, at least, of a school playing major college football without anything close to sustained success.” (Here’s guessing AD Mitch Barnhart won’t use that as a pitch to a new coach.)
13. South Carolina has a well-timed open date to help cope with the loss of running back Marcus Lattimore. (Today is Lattimore’s birthday and the school is planning a 5pm ET rally on campus to show their support for him.)
14. Ex-Gamecock assistant Shane Beamer explains what kind of young man Lattimore is.
15. Tennessee’s Derek Dooley says he’s more involved with offense and special teams than defense.
16. Columnist on the Vols’ defense: “It’s as though the current system was designed to highlight the defense’s inadequacies.”
17. Vanderbilt crushed winless UMass on Saturday, but penalties were a troubling issue.
18. After grabbing its first SEC win ever, Missouri will face an angry Florida team next.
19. Athlon Sports has posted its SEC power rankings.
20. It’s time for another “BCS-altering Bama-LSU showdown.”
22. The SEC and BCS race still revolves around this Tide-Tigers matchup.
23. LSU might be able to beat Bama just as it did in 2011: “With great defense, a decent running game and the avoidance of turnovers.”
24. SEC players on award watch lists.
25. The SEC’s Players of the Week.
26. Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones picked up the Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week award. He’s been a beast when he’s been on the field.
27. Georgia Tech AD Dan Radakovich — so often tied to SEC openings in the past – is heading to Clemson.