1. LSU-Alabama week is finally here. Tigers 57-5 under Les Miles in night games (7:00 p.m Central kickoff).
2. Miles – Saban and the LSU-Alabama rivalry.
3. Andy Staples: “Welcome to Alabama, where even the blowouts aren’t good enough.”
4. Jerry Palm’s projected BCS standings.
5. Unconfirmed report on Marcus Lattimore’s knee injury.
6. Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron suffers back contusion last night. Saban: “He’s fine. He could have gone back in the game.”
7. The Jon Gruden picture that has Tennessee fans buzzing.
8. “The final nails are being driven in the coffin of the Gene Chizik era at Auburn.”
9. Legal issues for Florida lineman Trip Thurman.
10. Tennessee freshman guard Derek Reese may redshirt his freshman year – suffered a torn labrum in his right shoulder this summer.
11. Former Arkansas basketball coach Nolan Richardson on what an earlier round of expansion brought to the conference: ”We changed the whole energy of the league. I know that for a fact.”