1. What does the Florida game mean for Georgia? “This game will dictate whether this is considered a successful season for Georgia.”
2. Mark Bradley on Georgia-Florida: “This is a game these Bulldogs and their coach need in the worst way.”
3. Jarvis Jones returned to practice for the Bulldogs on Monday. Mark Richt: “I feel like we’ll have a good chance to get him in the game.”
4. Florida coach Will Muschamp has never been on the winning side of this rivalry - lost four times as a player at Georgia and last year as coach at Florida.
5. Team motto for the Gators: “Florida Never Breaks.”
6. The bad news for South Carolina – anemic rushing attack last two weeks. Good news - Tennessee allows more than 186 yards per game.
7. There’s something about South Carolina and Tennessee coaches. Johnny Majors – fired in 1992 after South Carolina loss, Phillip Fulmer let go in 2008 – also lost to the Gamecocks his last year.
9. Dooley on his team: ”I think their spirit is broken and it should be.”
10. There’s a reason why Vanderbilt is a 32.5 point favorite against UMass. The Minutemen are 0-7 and have been outscored 285-83.
11. Frustrating season for Mizzou freshman receiver Dorial Green-Beckham - just seven catches and one TD on the year.
12. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel on quarterback James Franklin, doubtful for this weekend against Kentucky. ”He has to be functional,” Pinkel said. “He has not even run to this date.”
13. Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles, recovering from a high ankle sprain, could return this weekend.
14. The question that could determine Joker Phillips fate: Can the Wildcats have a winning record in 2013?
15. Too early to talk about Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron for the Heisman?
16. Why don’t Alabama freshmen speak with reporters? Blame Plaxico Burress.
17. Crimson Tide linebacker C.J. Mosley on Mississippi State: “They have big people just like we have big people.”
18. How does Dan Mullen feel about Mississippi State being a 24-point underdog to Alabama: “I’d feel great if we walked in the stadium and (the scoreboard) said 24-0 before the game started.”
19. Big reason MSU not getting respect: opponents played. 119th ranked schedule and the three SEC opponents played so far are a combined 0-14 in league play.
20. LSU is throwing the ball more this season - but still struggling through the air.
21. At 1-6, what does Auburn have to lose by starting freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace?
22. Auburn running back Tre Mason wants the football. “I feel like I can do something with it, change the outcome of the game.”
23. John L. Smith on Arkansas’ two-game winning streak: ”I don’t notice a sense of relief,” Smith said. “It’s more like a sense of, ‘We’re back (to) where we think we should have been.’ “
24. Hugh Freeze says the Razorbacks have three probable first-round picks on offense. “They’ve got great talent.”
25. Ole Miss has played a dozen true freshmen this year - that’s tied for 12th nationally.
26. College football’s Final Four.
27. Texas coach Mack Brown is unhappy with the Longhorn Network: “I didn’t ask for it.”
28. At more than $5 million a year, Brown is the second-highest paid coach in college football.
29. SEC Commissioner Mike Slive: “We may look back and say we were a witness of a golden age in SEC athletics.”
30. Stanford University economist Roger Noll, an expert in a NCAA lawsuit, on John Calipari and one-and-done: “While Coach Calipari is correct that his strategy is not a technical violation of NCAA rules, it certainly strains the notion that college athletic teams are composed of student-athletes.”
32. Florida coach Billy Donovan is impressed with junior forward Casey Prather: “There is a huge difference when we are rebounding with Prather at (small forward) than when he is not on the floor.”
33. What’s happened to scoring in college basketball? “The stark reality is that the 2012 season was the slowest and lowest-scoring in the modern era.”