1. South Carolina has faced Georgia QB Aaron Muray before but the Bulldogs have never seen Connor Shaw.
2. Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree and South Carolina running Marcus Lattimore have never faced each other.
3. Georgia-South Carolina tickets are going anywhere from $150 to over $1,000.
4. Herschel Walker on Todd Gurley: “He’s an incredible back,”
5. Florida is confident heading into this year’s matchup with LSU: “It won’t be like last year.”
6. Gators quarterback Jeff Driskel on facing the Tigers defense without Tyrann Mathieu: “They still have a great secondary.”
7. Derek Dooley on the performance of the Vols defense against Georgia: “We need to be really upset at the way we performed.”
8. Mark Story on Joker’s job: “If the University of Kentucky is looking for a reason to retain Phillips, it now has one, independent of UK football’s final record in 2012.”
9. Maxwell Smith update.
10. In four FBS games, Missouri’s offense is averaging just 18.75 points a game.
11, “Call it the James Franklin Bowl”
12, LSU depth “dwindling at an alaming rate.”
13. Nick Saban: “I in no way, shape or form feel like we have an invincible team in any way, shape or form.”
14. Alabama secondary coach Jeremy Pruitt on the Tide’s next five games – all against conference opponents: “We’ve got five games here in a row where we’ll kind of run the gauntlet in the SEC. It’s hard to win on the road in the SEC, and any win you get, you are thankful for it.”
15. One concern of many for Arkansas – Razorbacks running back Knile Davis averaging a fumble every 12.4 touches.
17. Mississippi State is watching tape of high school games to prepare for Kentucky’s freshman quarterbacks.
18. On the other side of the ball, Bulldogs running back LaDarius Perkins and the Bulldogs offense are ready to run: ” The coaches know we can run the ball on these guys.”
19. Auburn tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen on the Tigers upcoming schedule: “(W)e have good things going with October with a lot of games we feel good about.”
20. Auburn defense facing a quarterback in Tyler Wilson who threw four TD passes the last time he played at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
21. Quarterback battle brewing at Ole Miss?
22. Bowl game in store for the Rebels this year?
23. Jackie Sherrill breaks down the A&M – Arkansas game. “The storyline around the country is Johnny Manziel, but the defense has contributed a bunch.”
24. Dennis Dodd: “After five weeks it’s clear the season is boiling down to the SEC axis of Alabama/LSU/Georgia/South Carolina/Florida vs. everybody else. ”
26. Twenty-four FBS teams remain undefeated heading into this weekend.
27. The Heisman buzz around West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith. NFL scout: “The kid is legit and better than either (Andrew) Luck or Robert Griffin III.”
28. Why one coach’s seat is cooler this year.
29. The one constant for Kentucky basketball under John Calipari? Good defense.