1. Is Alabama really on “upset alert” heading into tomorrow’s game with Tennessee?
2. Auburn players are trying to rally around each other as many outside the team jump ship.
3. The scheme hasn’t changed but Arkansas’ defense has improved in recent weeks. (You don’t think that has anything to do with playing Auburn and Kentucky, do you?)
4. With an 11am CT start, LSU is having “to change the body clock a little bit.”
5. LSU versus Texas A&M revives a classic rivalry.
6. MTSU (4-2) ran all over Georgia Tech… but can they keep Mississippi State from going 7-0 this weekend?
7. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze believes in short, efficient practice sessions because: “I don’t think kids’ attention spans are there.”
8. An ex-Texas A&M assistant who coached Brett Favre says that’s the guy Johnny Manziel reminds him off. (Somebody better make sure there’s no camera feature on Manziel’s cell phone.)
9. Florida will lean on it offensive line against South Carolina tomorrow.
10. Ex-Gator and current Carolina coach Steve Spurrier is hopeful his team will play “with a little bit more energy” than it did against LSU.
11. Running back Marcus Lattimore will not start against the the Gators.
12. Georgia’s Mark Richt says he’ll be worried about Kentucky on Saturday, not the Florida/Carolina game: “We know we’ve got to focus on our business or (that game) won’t mean anything.”
13. Kentucky legend Tim Couch on this year’s Cats: “Right now, Kentucky’s struggling to run the football. They’re not getting any help on the defensive side of the ball.” (Other than that, did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?)
14. Tennessee AD Dave Hart says finances and facilities still create a gap between Vol football and other programs.
15. Derek Dooley needs to worry about who’s in the stands for UT’s game with Alabama tomorrow… and how early they start leaving.
16. Vanderbilt has found a go-to receiver in Jordan Matthews.
18. A Tennessee fan robbed a Wal-Mart to pay off a bet he lost on Tennessee’s football game against Mississippi State. (I need add nothing to that one.)
19. So will Arkansas-Missouri and South Carolina-Texas A&M eventually pair off or not? “That’s possible they’ll be permanent, but not definite.”
20. There’s a pretty big gap between the best teams in the SEC East and the worst.
21. Georgia AD Greg McGarity on making two straight visits to Auburn: “Our number one priority throughout this process was to protect our longstanding rivalry game against Auburn, and in order to keep this series intact, it necessitated a return to Auburn in 2013.”
22. With Sal (Tennessee’s defensive coordinator) and Vinnie (an Alabama safety) facing off in Knoxville, this won’t be an easy weekend for the Sunseri family.
23. Oregon’s beatdown of Arizona State might inch the Ducks further up the BCS rankings come Sunday.
24. How do you celebrate an NCAA tourney championship in the Bluegrass State? With a corn maze, of course.
25. Ole Miss hoopster Murphy Holloway is aiming for the NCAA Tournament and the NBA Draft as a senior.
26. The biggest question mark on Vandy’s basketball team? The center position.