1. Auburn’s Gene Chizik says “there’s frustration” over a 1-5 start, but after watching tape of the Tigers’ latest defeat he found that his team “played hard the whole game again.” (But the starting QB job is up for grabs again.)
2. AU corner Josh Holsey: “I try not to get on Twitter and ESPN to see what everybody else thinks about us.”
3. When it comes to Alabama’s conveyer belt of runnings backs, “Alabama is running as close to a professional football team as you can in college football.” (We’ll pause now for pay-for-play jokes.)
4. Things at Arkansas are “kind of meshing together” after wins over Auburn and Kentucky. (Funny what playing the cellar-dwellers in each division can do for a team.)
5. Must Read Story: LSU kicker James Hairston provided a moving pregame speech before the Tigers knocked off South Carolina on Saturday.
6. Great defense and a ball control offense made the difference for the Les Miles’ club.
7. The clutch play of QB Tyler Russell helped Mississippi State fend off Tennessee.
8. After snapping a 16-game SEC losing streak, Ole Miss now gets a little time off to heal (and enjoy).
9. Texas A&M may not be perfect, but the Aggies know how to win.
10. Will Muschamp on Florida’s #2 ranking in the BCS: “It has absolutely nothing to do with anything in our season right now. Nothing matters other than South Carolina.”
11. Mark Richt just wants his Georgia team to focus on Kentucky, not the three-game race to win the SEC East.
12. Kentucky’s Joker Phillips wanted to keep playing when weather (mercifully) ended his team’s 49-7 loss at Arkansas with five minutes to play in the third quarter.
13. Steve Spurrier on his team’s 23-21 loss at LSU: “I’m extremely disappointed in our effort… they acted like they were afraid of LSU.”
14. Tennessee running back Rajion Neal is doubtful for Saturday’s game with #1 Alabama due to an ankle injury.
16. Vanderbilt’s schedule is about to get easier.
17. Missouri tight end Eric Waters was stretchered off the field on Saturday, but he just suffered a muscle strain.
18. The SEC has named it’s Players of the Week.
19. You knew this was coming… someone’s already doing a mock selection panel as if we had a college football playoff this season.
20. At 8:15pm CT on Saturday, the SEC was on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and ESPNEWS.
21. Get ready for Bobby Knight to cover SEC hoops games this winter. (I’m sure Kentucky fans can hardly wait.)
22. Did ya hear the one about the Carolina fan who was arrested for mooning LSU fans on Saturday?