John, the TP Jeff Duncan article on LSU/A&M is just foolish smack talk that never should have gotten by his editor and certainly isn't worthy of MrSec.
1. LSU runs 20 less plays, punts 10 times, and generates a season high in penalties - but Tigers still win the game.
2. Five turnovers for A&M. “If you turn the ball over that many times, you’re going to get beat.”
3. “Another Saturday, another rookie hazing in the SEC.”
4. Les Miles now 82-19 at LSU - ”one percentage point back of Urban Meyer for the second-best career winning percentage in SEC history.”
Vanderbilt 17 – Auburn 13
5. Only 212 yards of offense for Auburn – Tigers off to their worst start since 1952.
6. Season-ending injuries for tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen and right tackle Avery Young.
7. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Not sure what Tennessee is going to do, but if Auburn cares about its football program, it has to change coaches at season’s end.”
8. Record-setting day for Vanderbilt running back Zac Stacy.
Florida 44 – South Carolina 11
9. Gators go to 7-0 on the season as the defense forces three first-half turnovers. Steve Spurrier: “So it was sad, and on the other side, their defense stuffed us.”
10. How does 183 yards of offense add up to 44 points?
11. Spurrier benches quarterback Connor Shaw for Dylan Thompson. Who will start next week against Tennessee? “I don’t know.”
12. Pat Dooley on the South Carolina coach: “Now he has two losses and a quarterback controversy.”