1. Eight sacks for the Razorbacks defense, hold Auburn to just 321 total yards. John L. Smith: “Our football team played their hearts out today.”
2. “Razorbacks were the better team from the time they gained 41 yards on the first play until the final second ticked off the clock.”
3. Gene Chizik: ”The Auburn fans and the Auburn family, they did not deserve this today, and I apologize to anybody who came to the game to watch it.”
4. Kevin Scarbinsky: “It’s getting harder and harder to pin down Chizik’s worst defeat as his team keeps hitting new lows, but letting John L. Smith get the better of you might put this one over the top.”
Mississippi State 27 – Kentucky 14
5. Undefeated Bulldogs have allowed just 67 points on the season.
6. MSU wide receiver Chad Bumphis sets school record for touchdown receptions.
7. Freshman quarterback Patrick Towles leads UK on touchdown drive, then sprains his ankle. “Snakebit football.”
8. Daughter of former UK coach: “The pattern in UK football has been repeated for (51) years, with the solution always being to get rid of the current coach and hire another.”