1. $5 million slashed from the operating budget for University of Tennessee Athletics.
2. Advice for new South Carolina AD Ray Tanner - get ready for a full inbox.
3. So why exactly does Alabama play Western Kentucky?
4. At halftime tonight, Arkansas will honor the family of Garrett Uekman, a redshirt freshman tight end who died last November.
5. Urban Meyer, Ohio State, Florida and the “new” media covering journalism.
6. Sounds like last night was a hectic one in Columbia, Mo.
7. Tennessee basketball coach Cuonzo Martin likes the new NCAA rules covering texting and high school recruits. “If they don’t return a text, that means it’s been narrowed down. … Then you’re able to hone in on guys and go from there.”