Doyel chastising someone for an abrasive and confrontational communication style?
Saban does for occassional effect. Doyel does it for a living. How can he not see the hyprocrisy in that column?
1. CBSSports.com’s Gregg Doyel talks about Nick Saban and his “bully pulpit.”
2. Play-action passing is “going to be a big part of (Alabama’s) offense this year.”
3. Gene Chizik says Auburn fans will see a lot more of a little-used running back and three unused defensive backs against Mississippi State.
4. Arkansas coach John L. Smith says filing for bankruptcy is “a weight off my shoulders.”
5. UA fullback/linebacker Kiero Small will miss an unspecified amount of time after foot surgery this week.
6. LSU safety Craig Loston on the weather report for Saturday’s game with Washington: “If it’s pretty humid, that’s good for us.”
7. MSU’s Dan Mullen says Auburn’s two new coordinators make the Tigers unpredictable.
8. State’s coach’s wife says a win over AU “is so overdue and so needed.”
9. UTEP’s better-than-expected performance against Oklahoma last week helped get Ole Miss’ attention.
10. ESPN’s Desmond Howard on Texas A&M: “I think they’re going to surprise some people.”
12. Florida’s players had better be ready for Aggie fans “to sway all game” in the stands.
13. Will Muschamp knows a little something about new A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel for the player’s high school days.
14. Georgia has taken thousands of fans to Columbia for their first game against new East rival Missouri.
15. UGA receiver Michael Bennett: “I feel like we’ll definitely feed off the negative energy their fans are giving to us.”
16. Kentucky O-coordinator says going to a new no-huddle attack wasn’t “just a fly-by-night decision.”
17. UK athletic director Mitch Barnhart: “We want people in the stands, but we’ve got to earn that back.”
18. Steve Spurrier says banged-up QB Connor Shaw has got “a good chance of playing” tomorrow.
19. East Carolina’s up-tempo offense will test the Gamecocks’ tackling.
20. Georgia State coach Bill Curry has a long history with Tennessee, Neyland Stadium and Derek Dooley.
21. The Vols are paying out more than $2 million for the right to pummel GSU, Akron and Troy.
22. Former Vanderbilt defensive end Thad McHaney is still contributing… even though a spinal condition forced him to quit playing.
23. SEC fever has hit Columbia, Missouri. “You feel the bigness all around town.”
24. This writer’s pick is in — Mizzou 17, Georgia 14.
25. The Big XII’s new television deal gives the league stability… and more exposure.
26. Big XII commish Bob Bowlsby talks about his league’s new TV deal and the future of the “Champions” Bowl.
27. Matt Hayes of The Sporting News ranks the SEC’s teams and has Tennessee rising and Auburn falling. (That’s a wild new navigation system at the TSN website.)
28. The SEC’s newbies are ready for their initiations this weekend.
29. This writer believes overconfident SEC fans “are the ones in for a rude awakening” regarding Missouri and Texas A&M.
30. When it comes to the top 10 public bets being placed this week, Alabama, Georgia and Kentucky are getting an awful lot of action.