1. Might Jeff Driskel finally be named Florida’s starting quarterback this week?
2. Mark Richt on Georgia’s game at Missouri: “It’s a monster game.”
3. The Dawgs have some tightening up to do before Saturday’s contest.
4. South Carolina QB Connor Shaw won’t practice until the middle of the week because Steve Spurrier says “he has trouble lifting his arm right now.”
5. It’s “wait and see” regarding Shaw’s availability to play against East Carolina on Saturday.
7. While the Vols wait for word on Herman Lathers’ bum shoulder, backup LB Dontavis Sapp prepares to step forward.
8. Missouri probably won’t know for sure who’s suspended for Georgia until Saturday.
9. Realignment will become real for Mizzou with Saturday’s first snap.
10. One writer’s early prediction: “Alabama will play for the national championship in January.”
11. Bama’s stable of running backs has no problem splitting carries.
12. Gene Chizik says Auburn has to work on its defense and its two-minute offense before this weekend’s SEC opener against Mississippi State.
13. The Tigers had red zone issues in their opener, too.
14. Arkansas’ John L. Smith on a 49-24 win over FCS Jacksonville State: “If you don’t win the first one, you can’t win them all.”
15. LSU’s Odell Beckham on replacing Tyrann Mathieu as a return man: “You can never replace a guy like that, but there are certain things he taught me.”
16. After Zach Mettenberger got his bell rung with a vicious hit, Les Miles said his quarterback needs to “get the ball out and to recognize the defense that’s being played.”
17. Dan Mullen liked the run/pass balance achieved by MSU’s starting offensive unit.
18. The Bulldogs will be motivated by a pair of close losses to Auburn when the Tigers roll into Starkville on Saturday.
19. New quarterback Bo Wallace stole the show in his first college start with a 20-of-24 passing performance.
20. As Texas A&M preps for its season opener — and first SEC game — Florida comes in looking “mortal.”
21. The SEC has handed out its weekly awards and honors.
22. ESPN’s “College GameDay” show is headed to College Station for Saturday’s Florida/Texas A&M clash.
23. Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner was named the Walter Camp defensive player of the week.
24. The Tide’s “Fail Room” has done a number on visiting teams at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
25. “Eventually, an SEC team will lose a Cowboys Classic or championship game. It has to happen. When that day comes, it’ll feel like a national holiday to everyone outside that part of the country.”
UPDATE — Tony Barnhart says Alabama should be #1 in the polls.