1. Injured Florida linebacker Jelani Jenkins could be back in time for next week’s game against LSU.
2. Georgia’s new placekicker Marshall Morgan hasn’t had to attempt a field goal since September 8th.
3. Tavarres King on UGA freshmen tailbacks Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall: “Gurshall, that’s what I call them.” (Rhymes with Herschel, dontchaknow?)
4. If Kentucky fires Joker Phillips, “prudence would suggest UK better have a viable Plan B other than The Big Name Coach.”
6. Gamecock defensive coordinator on the return of injured corner Akeem Auguste: “We think he’s 100%, but we won’t take him out there and try to let him play 50 plays.”
7. Tennessee’s series with Georgia has shown a power shift in the SEC East.
8. Vol running back Raijon Neal has “been more consistent” in recent weeks.
9. James Franklin on Vanderbilt’s red zone woes: “A lot of it has been the costly mistakes.”
11. Tiger defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson is becoming known for his play (and not just his “old man football” comment).
12. Auburn offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler will stay on the sideline with young quarterback Kiehl Frazier because “face-to-face contact is critical right now.”
13. The man accused of killing three people in an apartment shooting in June — including two ex-Auburn football players — pled not guilty yesterday.
14. Alabama defensive back Dee Milliner: “AJ (McCarron) is probably the greatest quarterback in college football right now, in my eyes.”
15. Nick Saban apparently knows the rules of football better than one group of SEC referees.
17. The hits keep coming for John L. Smith as two more Arkansas starters will miss Saturday’s game with injuries.
18. Wow. “Suddenly, the vocal minority that has preached how Arkansas should be a Big XII school instead of trying to keep up with the dog-eat-dog SEC doesn’t seem so wrong anymore.” Just wow.
19. Mike Anderson says Razorback fans will like their basketball team this year. (So they go that going for them.)
20. MSU’s Dan Mullen on cornerback Jamerson Love: “He’s one of the fastest, if not the fastest guy on our team.”
21. Mullen. Twenty-four chicken wings. Five minutes. Here’s the story.
22. Instead of playing at Alabama, Ole Miss’ safety Trae Elston will start against Alabama tomorrow.
23. UM’s fast-paced offense will have to overcome a fresh-faced, but still dominant Crimson Tide defense.
24. When the local paper has to explain just who/what a school is because no one’s heard of it — like The Baton Rouge Advocate is doing today with LSU’s next foe, Towson – that school probably shouldn’t be on the bigger school’s schedule in the first place. Ridiculous.
25. Tiger defensive end Sam Montgomery on his playing style: “If I act crazy, they’re like, ‘OK, he’s his normal self.”
26. Texas A&M punter Ryan Epperson is off to a hot start on and off the field.
27. Aggie offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury on quarterback Johnny Manziel: “We stay on him, but he’s going to do his thing.”
28. The SEC West and SEC East look a lot more balanced the end of September than they did at the beginning of the month.
29. Two SEC players make the updated Maxwell Award list.
30. Moving kickoffs from the 30- to the 35-yard line has doubled the number of touchbacks in the SEC this year.
31. West Virginia officials have asked students not to burn couches. They even produced a video. Really.