1. Pat Dye:“Saban is the best coach in the country — I’ll grant him that. But he ain’t a better man than Gene Chizik.”
2. Breaking down game film of Auburn’s performance Saturday night: “Interestingly, it wasn’t the final time Loeffler repeated a play in a critical moment.”
3. To those wondering about LSU’s performance at Auburn, remember this? “After Alabama 12, Tennessee 10, after Cody blocked his second field goal of the game on the final play to save the day, how did the 2009 season turn out for the Crimson Tide?”
4. Over the years, the LSU defense has been best known for its linemen and defensive backs. What about those linebackers?
5. Teammate Robert Lester on Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley: “Last year he was kind of timid and not really after it, but he’s a guy who has really taken charge of the defense.”
6. Alabama’s Barrett Jones on Nick Saban’s quest for perfection: “It’s not about the score. It’s about doing it the right way.”
7. “Can this energized Ole Miss offense score more against Alabama than any other team this season?”
9. Christine Michael rushed for 230 yards last year against Arkansas, but he’s now at a crossroads in his career.
10. Arkansas has defeated A&M three straight seasons. Receiver Uzoma Nwachkwu: “It adds a little fuel to the fire.”
11. Dan Mullen on why his Mississippi State team has struggled at times the past few weeks: “It is hard sometimes, you try to fight against the kids looking up at the scoreboard…”
12. Mark Richt won’t confirm but their Georgia teammates are – suspended starters Bacarri Rambo and Alec Ogletree will finally get to play this weekend against Tennessee. “Having those two guys back is going to be huge.”
14. Florida scored 37 points against Tennessee – 38 against Kentucky. Small change in points, big change in third-down productivity.
15. Coming off suspension, what will South Carolina safety DJ Swearinger do differently? “I won’t stop playing how I’m playing. I’ll just target lower.”
16. Steve Spurrier on the Kentucky coaching staff: ”Randy Sanders, their offensive coordinator, is an excellent offensive coach. Rick Minter, who was here at South Carolina, he is an excellent coach.”
17. Randy Sanders on ailing Kentucky quarterback Maxwell Smith after practice Tuesday. He felt “pretty good.”
18. Mizzou defensive coordinator Dave Steckel on the Central Florida coach: “George O’Leary is a really good old ball coach … his offenses remind me of the Bill Snyder offenses, very meticulous, very detail-oriented, multiple formations…”
19. Mizzou defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson is the SEC’s leading tackler among defensive linemen.
20. Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo banned from off-campus recruiting for 30 days - took a recruit and his mother to the NCAA Tennis Championships.
21. LSU and TCU make it official - will open 2013 season at Cowboys Stadium.
22. Defense is what separates the SEC from the rest. Here’s a look at some of this year’s top defenders from around the league.
23. What schools have been elite in both football and basketball?
24. That new BCS model? Kind of look likes the current version.
25. Helmets coming off and the scrum at the bottom of a pile: “We might not get them all.”
26. What do players do all day when they have a night game? “Sit inside and watch games that are on TV.”
27. Florida releases start time and TV information for its non-conference schedule.