1. Arkansas wastes record-setting night by wide receiver Cobi Hamilton in loss to Rutgers. ”This team is such disarray it managed to squander the greatest receiving performance in the history of Arkansas and the SEC.”
2. Auburn student assistant died before last night’s game against LSU. No details provided in the death of 23-year old Joe Bagwell.
3. Jeff Duncan on LSU: “They remained unbeaten. But they are no longer unchallenged. And more important, whatever air of invincibility they possessed is now gone.”
4. Ole Miss will be the last SEC team to open its conference play next week. It will do so at Alabama – where it has lost 10 straight at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
5. Mississippi State quarterback Tyler Russell tied the school record tied the school record for pass attempts without an interception – then threw a pick on his very next pass.
6. Is there a quarterback controversy at Mizzou? Gary Pinkel: “James Franklin’s our starter.”
7. Georgia’s freshmen running back duo continues to impress – they combine to go over 200 yards for a second straight week.
8. Mark Bradley on Vanderbilt’s coach: Franklin’s message to the world: “We’re nobody’s punching bag anymore.” New message: “Would somebody please ask that team in red to stop hitting us so hard?”
10. Just how bad is it right now for B1G Ten football?
11. College football-related concussions have remained steady for the past eight years.
12. Former Kentucky football player wanted to experience Big Blue Madness. ”I wanted to be a part of it for once. Test it out.”