1. SEC Commissioner Mike Slive on the timeline for a possible SEC Network: ”We hope to decide what our future is going to look like, certainly by the end of the year, maybe sooner.”
2. Tony Barnhart on LSU-Auburn: “While the world has been talking about the struggles of sophomore quarterback Kiehl Frazier, the reality is that Auburn is going down big time against LSU because it can’t stop the run. ”
3. “For all those wondering where Auburn’s program is headed, Saturday night’s game will be the greatest indicator.”
4. A South Carolina cop gets fired for posting details about of a traffic stop involving Clemson coach Dabo Swinney on a University of South Carolina message board.
5. Dennis Dodd: “The Big Ten is so bad that the conference as a whole, together, as one has beaten four BCS-conference schools three weeks into the season – Syracuse, Boston College, Vanderbilt and California.”
6. Any team in college football had a more eventful three weeks than Louisiana-Monroe? A win at Arkansas, an overtime loss at Auburn and on Friday night, a 47-42 loss at home to Baylor.
7. Big Blue Madness campers in Lexington get a visit from the head coach.
8. Sounds like Billy Clyde should have never left College Station. “It’s been more than five years since Gillispie bolted Brazos County for the greener bluegrass of Kentucky, but his name here still draws reverential nods typically reserved for celebrated football coaches Paul “Bear” Bryant and Jackie Sherrill, for the miracle he performed on Texas A&M basketball.”
9. Mark Kizla on the Broncos quarterback: “When Manning falls short of awesome, we’ve discovered he can be PGM. Peyton Grumpy Manning.”
10. Track and field athletes are unionizing.
11. Why everything tastes like chicken.