1. Auburn defensive end Corey Lemonier on LSU trash talk: “It’s just a huge disrespect to us and what we stand for.”
2. The Tigers’ seasons “arrives at the crossroads” tomorrow night at gametime.
3. The “Saban shuffle” employed by Alabama’s DBs began when Nick Saban was working for Bill Belichick 20 years ago.
4. A balanced approach is working for the Tide’s receivers.
5. Tyler Wilson is cleared to play for Arkansas tomorrow and John L. Smith says: “We’re thankful that he is.” (Understatement of the Year award nominee.)
6. Sounds like Razorback Tenarius Wright will be moving back to defensive end from his recent linebacker spot.
7. LSU might have Zach Mettenberger at quarterback, but the Tigers are still built on the ground game.
8. Here are five things to watch as the Tigers head to Auburn.
9. This writer expects a major blowout when Mississippi State hosts South Alabama tomorrow.
10. Bulldog offensive coordinator Les Koenning was on the the Jaguars’ first football staff.
11. Two mighty-mite running backs are pushing for playing time at Ole Miss.
12. Tulane will be starting a freshman at quarterback against the Rebels tomorrow and the last time the Green Wave started a freshman against UM he turned out to be pretty good.
13. Texas A&M corner Dustin Harris on the Aggies’ blowout over SMU: “We stood up and showed everybody why we could be one of the Top 10 defenses in the nation.”
14. The Ags boast the SEC’s top punter (after two games).
15. Florida defensive coordinator Dan Quinn says Kentucky will present a challenge to his secondary.
16. “The last time Kentucky beat Florida, stonewashed jeans and Members Only jackets were still in fashion.
17. Joker Phillips is changing things up in hopes of ending this streak: UK hasn’t scored an offensive touchdown in the first quarter of a game since 2010. Yes, 2010.
18. Safety Dakotah Tyler is glad to be back with the Wildcat football team.
19. Georgia’s freshmen running backs are living up to the hype.
20. The Dawgs’ defense is working to cut down on the big plays.
21. South Carolina O-line coach Shawn Elliott: “Hopefully, we’re going to get out there and block somebody’s tail off Saturday night instead of lying around on the football field like we did last week.”
22. Gamecock defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward says Missouri’s tempo “is going to be way faster than any team we’ve ever played.”
23. Justin Coleman will replace Marsalis Teague as one of Tennessee’s starting cornerbacks.
24. Derek Dooley says he’s leery of Terry Bowden’s offense at Akron.
25. So why is QB Austyn Carta-Samuels likely to get his second start tomorrow against Georgia? Jordan Rodgers didn’t protect the football.
26. UGA fans are “anticipating” a game with Vandy for the first time in a long time.
27. CBS’ Verne Lundquist on Missouri’s game at the other Columbia: “That’s not the most intense location in the SEC, South Carolina, but it will be pretty fervent… I think they’ll get a real idea of what it’s like to go on the road in the SEC.” (For my money, the Williams-Brice/Cockaboose Railroad experience is one of the best in the league.)
28. Ex-Carolina coach Sparky Woods says what we’ve been saying for a while — Mizzou is ahead of where the Gamecocks were when they entered the SEC.
29. US News & World Report has posted its latest rankings for colleges and universities. The SEC — as a whole — lags trails the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 but has moved ahead of the Big XII. (Cue the angry West Virginia fans.)
30. ”Imagine this: College football is dead.”
31. Imagine this: The ACC will try to prove it can hang with the SEC this week.