1. Surviving in Nashville Thursday night, South Carolina looks to thrive the next few weeks building up to the October 6 meeting with Georgia. Gamecocks 5-0 when facing the Bulldogs?
2. How big a difference was Tennessee wide receiver Cordarelle Patterson Friday night against NC State? “Put him on the Wolfpack and the Vols may be headed to Rocky Top 0-1.”
3. Barbara Dooley to son Derek after the game: “Get a shirt that fits you.”
4. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin says he didn’t think it was fair for two suspended players to have to play on the scout team back-to-back weeks.
5. Michigan-Alabama a dress rehearsal for 2014 playoffs?
6. Who’s going to win today? The SEC, of course.
7. A true believer in Kentucky football? “Give me one ticket for the Crazy Train.”
8. A snapshot of a decade-long comparison between Kentucky football and basketball ticket sales.
9. Mizzou the “surprise team” of the SEC?
10. Tennessee basketball coach Cuonzo Martin wants to use Neyland Stadium as a recruiting weapon.